• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stinger can on pro 800 ?!?!

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
I'm thinking of adapting a twin stinger type exhaust can. Like the one cpi used to make... for use on my 13 sba 800.

Why??? Because I like the noise they make!!!
Nobody makes stingers for the pro 800.

What's everyones opinion on running this type of can on the new 800's. ??

Personally I don't see it being a problem. Or any different than a GGB can or any other aftermarket can....!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
save yourself a bunch of trouble by trying to make something work and just go buy a Sno-Stuff can. That should be more than enough noise to get the locals worked up about snowmobiles & noise pollution.

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
Eh. I ride on private land, not worried about noise pollution. Stingers make a distinct sound that other cans can't mimick.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Why? You will make less power and more noise with a slight weight reduction. Nobody makes a can that increases power regardless of what they claim. Ride it stock or replace the whole pipe and muffler with an SLP or something similar. Of course, if you do that, you have to buy a fuel controller too. The days of getting any gains from a can are long gone.

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
Why? You will make less power and more noise with a slight weight reduction. Nobody makes a can that increases power regardless of what they claim. Ride it stock or replace the whole pipe and muffler with an SLP or something similar. Of course, if you do that, you have to buy a fuel controller too. The days of getting any gains from a can are long gone.

Why will I LOSE power?? I'm not trying to gain power. I'm not even concerned with dropping weight. Just wanna make more noise!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
So... Your either 18yrs old or your trying to compensate for a smaller than usual manhood...:face-icon-small-ton
:fish2:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Eh. I ride on private land, not worried about noise pollution. Stingers make a distinct sound that other cans can't mimick.

I am far more sound conscious than you...and i have WAY more open space to enjoy in the western Montana backcountry than you do in NE Ohio.

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
How to enjoy every last decibel out of your sled:

1. Remove stock silencer

2. Attach a 4" plumbing T fitting where the silencer would normally be

3. Attach 6-8 ft of flexible dryer duct to each side of the T

4. Drill out ear holes of your favorite helmet

5. Attach dryer duct tubes securely to helmet at the ear-holes you just drilled

6. Put the helmet on your head and fasten securely

7. Start sled and giver hell

Doing this saves the rest of the public from having to listen to you!:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Some of you need to lay off guys like dan, he asked a question if you dont have an answer that is helpful dont answer at all. There are plenty of aftermarket companies building loud cans and they sell thousands every year, not everyone lives in Yellowstone or equivelant. I personally dont run loud cans, my pro has the stock can and has since new but if someone wants there sled to sound distinct then to each there own. And no i'm not trying to give the greenies ammo but if he is on private land then take the exhaust off for all I care.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Why will I LOSE power?? I'm not trying to gain power. I'm not even concerned with dropping weight. Just wanna make more noise!

And Dan wrote that...

Sorry, nothing against you. But with all the land-/trailclosing going on you are really out of touch if you did not see this coming.

Cheers,

RS

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Hps is stinger like.

Crankshop sells everything you need to build your own.

I had to build my own can for my iqr800 that has twins. It sounds great but it's loud as hell, too loud..

Premium Features