• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 New Changes for Yamaha?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Yamaha used to build motors for Honda, and yamaha does not build cars so I can see them using cats chassis. Also yamaha has some new technology in 4 stroke outboard motors that are the lightest in the industry. Combing cat with a new yamaha motor could result in the lightest 4 stroke sled.

those outboard motors are sweet look at them last year fly by wire throttles & almost as light as the 2strokes,i guess mabey yammi wants some of ac tec whatever it is.

B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
Last spring team blue was in the snowys in an attempt to solve their issues they had at the hillclimbs, was suppose to lead to lots of changes for this year.
Hey throttlecable we heard alot from you last year and not a peep this year(maybe I missed it), you been sworn to silence or just nothing to report?

1st hillclimb is in about 3 weeks, can,t wait to see what you guys have got, good luck to the yamaha camp in preston:face-icon-small-hap

T
Aug 8, 2011
If they can just build a reasonably light machine I would own one next year. Why not two of their backwards 450 motors stuck together In a slight variant of the phazer chassis? That could easily be 500 lbs, 275 horse with a good turbo, and would just be trick. And it would be a parts bin machine, and we know Yamaha loves that.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Don't expect to see Yamaha - Cat co-development for another year or so yet.

Sorta like the Polaris - KLIM deal.
They did an excellent job of keeping it quiet until they announced it.

Christopher,

can you elaborate on this? I am still hoping yamaha will unveil a new chassis in a few months. (and hoping its not an arctic cat)

Last edited:
M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
HAving been riding Yamaha since 1987 I am not holding my breath. They are greaat for reliability but we all know you had to drop some $$$ to get them to work real well. Used to be in the exciter days it cost very little and same with the MM's pipes and clutching, but now it is huge money. I built a $37000 t nytro and rode it for 2 seasons no matter what I did not like the ride even with the aftermarket stuff and the handling going up hill was decent but down hill was a joke. Could it be that for once Yamaha will reward its faithful folowers with something great right out of the box??? One can only hope:yo:

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
How about a re-worked diamond drive in the new Yamaha chassis???

Cat gets yammi motors, yammi gets the diamond drive and has a few years to work the kinks out....

Sounds sweet to me.

Joe

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
2 450 engines in a clean environment would have a lifespan of twice as long a chassis that weighs what it should.

With appropriate oil supply as well, I still don't think it would. Those engines were not designed for the harsh duty cycle that a snowmobile engine is designed for.

Last edited:
T
Nov 28, 2007
the problem with 2-450 motors is that by the time u add the balance weight to the crank shaft it will weigh more than the 3 cylinder and produce about the same horse power. You will aldo have to reduce the RPM at the clutch (more weight).

Yamaha tried the 2-450 thing years ago (before they came out with the Nytro) and it did not work.

T
Oct 21, 2012
EVOPS 1100T Big Chute/Super Chute Turbos are out in front of Turbo Yammi's at similar rated power levels in the mountains.

mabey you should read this
This is as simple as it gets for adding serious HP to your 1100 PROCROSS/PROCLIMB Turbo sled. We have developed our own software that will allow us to reprogram the stock ECU to adjust fuel, boost limits, timing and waste gate activation / deactivation RPM. With this software there are no limits to what we can do to unleash the most power from your 1100 PROCROSS/PROCLIMB Turbo. All of these great features allow us to produce up to 290+ HP on the stock 1100 PROCROSS/PROCLIMB Turbo. ECU boxes that are sent in will be remapped within 1 business day for a fast and speedy turn around. For those that cannot wait, we have core boxes on hand ready to be sent out.

ECU mapping is available in 2 different forms. Our single map version were we can put any single map in your box, or our multi map function that allows us to run up to 4 different maps at one time and you can select on the go (real-time) which map you would prefer to run. Both set-ups look stock and can easily be hidden from your competition.

Base maps available: (NOTE: All HP Claims are with an intake temperature of 100 F° and higher! Normal operation is 60 F°!)
NOTE: All of our fuel maps feature anti-lag mapping. Our mapping not only makes more power, it also makes your sled quicker. This results in better acceleration and throttle response.

87 octane safe trail map 177 hp w/ Speedwerx light weight muffler.
91 octane safe trail map 210 hp w/ Speedwerx light weight muffler.
91 octane safe trail map 240 hp w/ Speedwerx light weight muffler.
110 + octane or Speedwerx Meth injection lake race 260 hp w/ Speedwerx light weight muffler.
114 + octane 290+ hp with our Speedwerx waste gate mod.
Custom DRAG RACE maps with stutters/launch features. Call for more information.

BETTER FUEL ECONOMY:
Our 210 & 240 HP maps improve fuel mileage by up to 2 gallons per tank compared to stock. Over time the mapping will pay for itself!

NOTE: You must send your ECU box to us for re-mapping or call and arrange for an exchange!

have yet to see a 1100t that would hang with a tnytro in the mountains dont care what it does on a drag track:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win
oh would love to see that 600hp stock internal 1100t:flame:

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
Why would you want a piece of crap dimond drive ??? They don't hold up on the polar ***...it only has about 100 hp at 10,000

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
EVOPS 1100T Big Chute/Super Chute Turbos are out in front of Turbo Yammi's at similar rated power levels in the mountains.
Ya ok...I raced a super chute 1100 with my low booster turbo pro at 4 lbs boost and it didn't go good for any of the 275 horses that were running in that race.
They don't compare to a Yamaha.

Premium Features