• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1100t skis

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I'm thinking Gen three's too, but....

The but is, That leading edge to the wear rod wears down and the carbide catches on everything. I didn't know what was causing my A-arms to bend. It was those carbides catching on my trailer edge.

Owen

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Then why'd they put the bar 18'' from my face.

I could be tempted to get Sly Dogs. Those double carbides are too stiff on the Simmons. They sure are sweet on a trail though.
I'd keep the factory skis except they tip up and plow in poor snow conditions when you go to carve a turn. Stops you so fast it might thow you off. Or is it just this old man.

Owen

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
Skis

I did the slydogs after my fist ride with the stock one's, that first ride was a learning exp, after that fist ride i thought i made a big mistake, i put the slydogs on and that made a hole new machine other than i wish it was 75 pounds lighter yet.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
8''slydogs work better they are a bit stiffer then the 7''.i'm going with the slps this year just to switch it up. i have run slydogs for the last 3 years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Im1yu_LKjds

Great video-
Looks like the mighty 1100 has no issues in the back country when the snow piles up!- makes a good point of having light skis---
So is the BOV always something you can get used to open and closing and making a racket?:rockon:
Been on 2 strokers for 25 years now have the 2013 1100 LTD coming!!

S/C

M
Feb 27, 2010
Some might say that's the best part lol. The factory one kinda sounds like grampa has fallen asleep in the rocking chair after supper. Professional grade valves don't sound that bad.

i like the sound myself. but the reason its so loud is because it blows off into the intake and it echos out of the intake.this type is common on cars with stock turbos to keep the blown off vapors in the intake instead of under the hood.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Great video-
So is the BOV always something you can get used to open and closing and making a racket?:rockon:
Been on 2 strokers for 25 years now have the 2013 1100 LTD coming!!

S/C

You get used to it. Just like the brake on the Edge chasis, it makes some noise when you hit it.

That and when you are on and off the throttle like that you are usually too interested in riding to pay attention to the noise the sled is making.

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
I ended up getting sly dog 8" with 4" rod for 325 could not find any Simmons out there

C
May 19, 2008
Rogers, MN
ordered 8 inch slydogs.

I had the 7 inch Slydogs and loved them. They needed to have a deeper keel and stiffer tip.
Yep thats what they changed on the 8 inch ones. Looking forward to them.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Put Gen3's on after a few rides on the stock skis, really nice improvement. The stock skis are not really suited for the 1100's.

Premium Features