• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T
Mar 30, 2010
Pretty sad i don't see point of holding off until today to release 2 touring sleds and 120cc which could be light machine everyone wants for there kid. its even a 4-stroke. I know what i am not buying this fall

R
Nov 26, 2007
Central MN
Its all in who you know....

Arctic Cat Co-Brands 2013 Youth 120 Snowmobile for Yamaha
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]2013 Yamaha SRX 120 Manufactured in Thief River Falls, MN
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thief River Falls, MN – For the 2013 model year, Arctic Cat will be co-branding their Youth 120 model snowmobile with the Yamaha Motor Corporation.
Arctic Cat will manufacture the Yamaha SRX 120 in their Thief River Falls, MN factory per Yamaha’s specifications, but the snowmobile will be based off the popular Arctic Cat Sno Pro 120 platform.
Arctic Cat’s Snow Division General Manager, Brad Darling said, "This partnership makes perfect sense for our companies as we’ve been buying Yamaha’s 123cc 4-stroke engine for our Sno Pro 120 since 2009."
The easy-to-start, fan-cooled, 123cc, 4-stroke engine found in the 120 is easy to manage for parents, yet is extremely fun to operate for the Youth rider. Wrapped in a package with bold graphics and color combinations, the 120 will instill a lifelong snowmobiling passion into Youth riders.
Darling goes on to say, "Snowmobile consumers are extremely brand loyal, so we don’t see this partnership cannibalizing any of our current Sno Pro 120 sales. Instead, the SRX120 will attract an added number of Yamaha youth to the industry. Any time we can be a part of growing the snowmobile industry, it’s a good thing."
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]A[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]rctic Cat Inc., based in Thief River Falls, MN, designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and snowmobiles under the Arctic Cat® brand name, as well as related parts, garments and accessories. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ National Market under the ticker symbol "ACAT." More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available on the Internet at www.arcticcat.com.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]###
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
did they snipe arctic cats tooling?????? wtf.....new sled, more BNG on a cat

the cat supposedly has the yamaha motor in it, so now yamaha has a yamaha motor in it..

Must have been working hard on this...lol

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
Who even wants the f...... diamond drive system ?????

Not that strong, lots of parts, and absolutely no gain in hp to the track.

Goodbye turbo if Yamaha is going to use the diamond drive.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
what a huge dissapointment. they didn't change a single thing on the mountain sleds

You mean the new windshield, black a-arms/spindles, black front bumper, separate hand/thumbwarmer switches, new handlebars and mountain strap aren't good enough??? :face-icon-small-win

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
You mean the new windshield, black a-arms/spindles, black front bumper, separate hand/thumbwarmer switches, new handlebars and mountain strap aren't good enough??? :face-icon-small-win

Well, i guess those are some pretty amazing changes Lol

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Yeah it sucks - but I guess I am used to it at this point.

We've SEEN the new front end on Cable's hill climb machine, why on earth did they not make it a part of the pre-season boost package if they could not make it a part of the stock 2013 sled????

example
$1500 for the turbo
$2000 for the new front end
$3000 for both

That new front end (plastic, subframe, and a-arms) should be a GYT option NOW, and it shouldn't cost $8300 to get it.

If they would have done that - they would have doubled the snow checked mountain sleds IMO.

Oh well - I am sure we'll all have this same discussion a year from now.

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
did they snipe arctic cats tooling?????? wtf.....new sled, more BNG on a cat

this is the most embarrassing thing yammi has done, cant beleave they are to cheap to make there own.what has the world come too:face-icon-small-dis hey mabey they will buy the t1100 sno pro chassi & put a nytro motor in it next:cheer2::puke::faint::der::frusty::frusty::deadhorse:

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
I have worked on the new z120 and they are a P.O.S. I cant believe yamaha would agree to have their name on this thing. This thing is not even close to yamaha quality. What an embarrassment

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
polaris had the same sled from 1997-2011

I heard that they were gonna release a game changer. Like keeping the same weight, and maybe some new plastic and colors along with the same drive train.

I think if skidoo can call it a game changer so can yamaha :D

i like how polaris guys rip on yamaha for not coming out with anew sled this year !!
polaris had the same sled different panels from what? 1997- 2011 !

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
i like how polaris guys rip on yamaha for not coming out with anew sled this year !!
polaris had the same sled different panels from what? 1997- 2011 !

The "Wedge" or Gen 1 chassis had a crazy long run. My buddies 82' Indy 340 was the same design as my old 93' and the "Gen 2" is nothing but a different hood (which is backwards compatible) ran until the 2000's.

Little bit different market now though, not sure if we can directly compare. :)

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Giving up on Yamaha sled for a while. Although my kid loves blue stuff, she wants a TTR50 for her 5th birthday, maybe she'll get her first sled next year.. probably just buy the AC though. LOL

T
Jan 19, 2009
Yamaha has been making the motor for the arctic cat 120 for a few years now anyway. A sled that goes 15 mph doesnt need a million dollars invested into engineering something they will only sell 500 of a year. Makes perfect sense

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
2013 lineup...Very frustrated and very disappointed with Yamaha!!! I bleed blue but the truth of the matter is the Phazer is more of an intermediate sled for younger riders and for both genders. The Nytro is a great sled, but come on...one legitimate mountain sled that is underpowered for what it weighs when a guy that simply compares numbers(hp, weight) is going to almost always go with the cheaper and more 'fun out of the box' sled. I've kept my mouth shut for years but producing 1 new mountain sled to give their market share a better chance is not a lot to ask when companies like Polaris and Arctic Cat are kicking their arse right now! Done ranting:crutch:

Premium Features