• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP files against Cat

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Anyone remember when Polaris sued Doo over a suspension design....and in return Polaris dropped it in exchange for the use of Doo's electronic reverse??
So...what does Cat have that Doo would like to use in the future ??

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
They are making a better product... The 2013 SDXP.... Which I almost forgot about. I'll just wait and ride that one. A Polaris used to look just like a Polaris , a Cat just like a Cat, now strip them both down and they look just like the primitive 08XP. Five years ago the XP changed sleds as we know them, you can't argue that one. Now years later others are following suit, evidently one a little to close. I'm sure the patents are more in depth than just where you stand, afterall I couldn't go patent the way I put a quarter in the payphone. I wonder if the lawsuit has anything to doo with the new 2013 sled?

Whats a pay phone?? Just lawyers makin' more money, happens all the time!!

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Anyone remember when Polaris sued Doo over a suspension design....and in return Polaris dropped it in exchange for the use of Doo's electronic reverse??
So...what does Cat have that Doo would like to use in the future ??

My money is on them going after the clutch isolation system.

My question is why did Doo wait until now to go aftrer Cat if it's a chassis thing. The Sno Pro 600's were in this chassis for a few years now,

P
Dec 28, 2008
Brp is Smart

You have to remember Bombardier made that company from patents.He actually patented the design we all ride to this day.Ofcourse the patent has run out but in the early days anyone who wanted to build the personal size sled paid Bombi patent rights!And remember there was 62 different brands of snowmobiles.They also had the patent on the cogged wheel and drive thats why alot of companies had the internal drive set up.I say if BRP is smart enough to pay for and apply for patent rights then the rest should pay the piper!They didn't design all these firsts to have the competion steal Ideas! He was also the first guy to have patents on the Feller Bunchers used in logging so sled design is not the only things they patent!:canada:

M
Nov 13, 2008
CATS new logo

Who has the best "NEW" CAT theme? Heres some.... "Ride it like you stole it... Cause we did!"......"What are they going to doo-take my birthday away?... NO, but they'll take your sled!"..."Artic Can't .... Cause DOO Did!"..."PRO-CLIMB/causes litigation in my book!"

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Who has the best "NEW" CAT theme? Heres some.... "Ride it like you stole it... Cause we did!"......"What are they going to doo-take my birthday away?... NO, but they'll take your sled!"..."Artic Can't .... Cause DOO Did!"..."PRO-CLIMB/causes litigation in my book!"

ride it like you stole it!!! Lol. I have a new facebook status!!! Thanks

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I understand protecting the investment, just hope in the end it doesn't hurt the sled industry

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
"Anyone caught riding a Pro series Arctic Cat Snowmobile on any US public land, frozen waterway or trail system without written consent of BRP shall be subject to forfeiture of said snowmobile and or monetary penalty."

Pro owners may apply for BRP permission vouchers at
www.youaresoscrewed.com

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You have to remember Bombardier made that company from patents.He actually patented the design we all ride to this day.Ofcourse the patent has run out but in the early days anyone who wanted to build the personal size sled paid Bombi patent rights!And remember there was 62 different brands of snowmobiles.They also had the patent on the cogged wheel and drive thats why alot of companies had the internal drive set up.I say if BRP is smart enough to pay for and apply for patent rights then the rest should pay the piper!They didn't design all these firsts to have the competion steal Ideas! He was also the first guy to have patents on the Feller Bunchers used in logging so sled design is not the only things they patent!:canada:

Better check your history books.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
They should all be paying the Karpik boys for the ideas they stole IMO.

Even Karpik says the only reason he never sued BRP and others is that they would just out-lawyer him. The FAST Blade had all these features at least three years before Doo had them on their 2001 SnoPro's.

If there is any justice the mfrs will end up paying royalties to Karpik and his brothers instead of making claims they were the first.

I heard Doo is going after all bridge builders and the Egyptians too for misuse of the pyramid design.

A
Jan 31, 2010
Even Karpik says the only reason he never sued BRP and others is that they would just out-lawyer him. The FAST Blade had all these features at least three years before Doo had them on their 2001 SnoPro's.

If there is any justice the mfrs will end up paying royalties to Karpik and his brothers instead of making claims they were the first.

I heard Doo is going after all bridge builders and the Egyptians too for misuse of the pyramid design.

Ahhhh, skidoo doesn't have any "snopro's". In 2001 they were the mxzx models, and they were in the zx chasis. Poo is the Pro's, or wait is it cat that are that are pro's? I am getting so confused on who is a "pro" now.....

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Ahhhh, skidoo doesn't have any "snopro's". In 2001 they were the mxzx models, and they were in the zx chasis. Poo is the Pro's, or wait is it cat that are that are pro's? I am getting so confused on who is a "pro" now.....

Yeah, I think you're right on that. Let me see, there was a Sno Pro racing series in the 70's, Doo called some of their sleds in the late 70's Sno Pro's, Cat has called a bunch of their snocross sled Sno Pro's for about a decade now, and now we have the Polaris Pro's and the Cat Pro Climbs.......

My head is starting to hurt thi king about what they're all called! I think I need Pro-fessional help! Lol

Premium Features