• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone installed their Concept front end yet

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
Welll the ding dongs got here a day late,,but we managed to slap it on,,yesssssssss and it's suppoesed snow tonight,,,,quick where's my heart meds,,,,,i'm ready to rock and roll baby,,well few minor tune ups,,,,,,,,,,,,Hers one pic of my baby at the show in Denver. Look me up I'll be at the Vivkery Yamaha booth,,,,aBIG THANKS TO OFTRACING....WAY TO GO BOYS!!!!!!!!!:becky:
Well that was not the right picture,,,lets try this again. I dont know what happend to the second picture,,,to fuzzy,,,more tomorrow........

Nice Sled.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Welll the ding dongs got here a day late,,but we managed to slap it on,,yesssssssss and it's suppoesed snow tonight,,,,quick where's my heart meds,,,,,i'm ready to rock and roll baby,,well few minor tune ups,,,,,,,,,,,,Hers one pic of my baby at the show in Denver. Look me up I'll be at the Vivkery Yamaha booth,,,,aBIG THANKS TO OFTRACING....WAY TO GO BOYS!!!!!!!!!:becky:
Well that was not the right picture,,,lets try this again. I dont know what happend to the second picture,,,to fuzzy,,,more tomorrow........

Good deal - I am looking forward to seeing those A-arms in person today for the first time.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
All finished except for alignment and removal of the sway bars. They went on no problem. Everything seems to fit great with one exception. On the top arm: The long aluminum bushing sure has a LOT of play in there. The lowers are snug and fit like stock, but the top arm seems to me like it should be a larger diameter to fill the hole. Anybody else think that?

Now I just hope they are worth the money. That sure is a lot of coin for 4 arms, 2 tie rods, no spindles, and very little hardware.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
On the top arm: The long aluminum bushing sure has a LOT of play in there. The lowers are snug and fit like stock, but the top arm seems to me like it should be a larger diameter to fill the hole. Anybody else think that?
What year is your sled? I believe Yamaha changed the thickness of that bolt on the new model years starting in 2010. Something to think about and check.

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
That is correct. I had an 08 and I had to buy the 2010 upper cross bushing. I ordered through OFT and they brought it to my attention. Mine should be going on later today.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I got mine from OFT. It must have slipped their attention. I will give them a call tomorrow. Luckily the top one is easy to change out.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I think the new cross shafts for the upper arms cost me about fifty bucks. The 08 is the only one that had the smaller cross shafts in them is what OFT told me. You are right about that Justin. We will see when the snow gets deep enough to ride if it was all worth it.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
There was a post over on TY4stroke about the kit having lots of bump steer and camber change. Any truth to this?

Any issues with ski alignment since the curved tie rods require being turned a complete revolution each time? This is due to the curve and needing to position them for proper clearance.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I think the new cross shafts for the upper arms cost me about fifty bucks. The 08 is the only one that had the smaller cross shafts in them is what OFT told me. You are right about that Justin. We will see when the snow gets deep enough to ride if it was all worth it.

08? Or 09? I thought yours was an 09-10 hybrid?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
So I have decided my sled is a mutt. The chassis is an 09. The tunnel is a 162 2010 tunnel and the suspension was all 08. The picture is of my sled when they were showing it before they got rid of it. It is the white camo one in the middle. Unfortunately they took the newer suspension off of it.

my sled.jpg

shortman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
newport nebraska
2009 nytro mtx

Just finished up mine and it had the smaller bushings in the upper a arm! had a machinest make me 4 sleeves to fit over my small shaft and inside the a-arm and spot welded them on looks like a ber bell but it works.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
We made a mistake on the upper a-arm cross shafts. 2008 & 2009 MTX models will need the new cross shafts that are current on the 2010-2012 models. We originally thought that it was only the 2008's.

Yamaha changed to the newer style shafts on the 2009 short track models but not the MTX's. This was our mistake in reading the fiche.

We got truebluemax taken care of and have followed up with acutah and shortman to get them set up properly. If anyone else has a 2009 MTX and needs the shafts to complete their assembly, please email us at websales@oftracing.com

Thanks,
Scott

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
The new cross shafts were 40 bucks but OFT made me a deal since I also purchased the rollover valve/kill swtich and the concept front end. I think they are 70-80 no discount from yamaha

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
The new cross shafts were 40 bucks but OFT made me a deal since I also purchased the rollover valve/kill swtich and the concept front end. I think they are 70-80 no discount from yamaha

For both, or is that the price each?

shortman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
newport nebraska
We made a mistake on the upper a-arm cross shafts. 2008 & 2009 MTX models will need the new cross shafts that are current on the 2010-2012 models. We originally thought that it was only the 2008's.

Yamaha changed to the newer style shafts on the 2009 short track models but not the MTX's. This was our mistake in reading the fiche.

We got truebluemax taken care of and have followed up with acutah and shortman to get them set up properly. If anyone else has a 2009 MTX and needs the shafts to complete their assembly, please email us at websales@oftracing.com

Thanks,
Scott[/QU

Thanks Scott cant wait to get on the snow

Premium Features