• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are some really nice Handlebar Risers?

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
No my sled is a apex so no trail tank made. It was for the CR racing hood which basically sits on top and is help down by 4 good ole rubber straps, at first I thought they would look bad but they blend in and if anything add to the look of the sled.
Here is a shot with the front two:

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDQtMjAxMDEyMTMtMjExMC5qcGc.jpg

Here you can see them up at the top by the handlebars.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzItMjAxMDExMTQtMTYyMS5qcGc.jpg
Now that is a FINE looking APEX...that's is a nice paintjob!!
And for my trail tank,,,I think thats what i'm gonna do if possible, we'll see,,still sitting in the box waiting for the Mcx to be done.. Thanks Kinger9, oh and how much horsepwer you running on that bad A$$ sled??

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
I run a shimmed engine and make 10-11 psi on 91 fuel. On the dyno it made around 241 hp which is plenty for me as a trail sled. I trail ride in the midwest so its the sled to beat on the lakes around here. I have it geared and on a ice road last year hit 160mph on the dream meter so probably 120-130 mph on radar. Its fast and smooth, its funny 100mph isn't a lot different feeling then 160, the sled is my dream sled and now with a little baby girl in our lives I'm taking advantage of the 4 stroke and just gas and go and oil once a year. The time saving on maint is really nice. Everyother year I need to get into the chain, bearings, etc as they SC is hard on wear items like that but the motor hasn't been touched since it was set up. Starts in -30, does everything well on the trail, and I cant wipe the perma grin off my face coming out of corners and using about 40% throttle on a tight trail through the trees, its a RUSH. On a lake and 100% throttle is INSANE it flys up to 120 mph then continues to climb once at 150 it takes some space to get to 160 (all dream meter readings).

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
I run a shimmed engine and make 10-11 psi on 91 fuel. On the dyno it made around 241 hp which is plenty for me as a trail sled. I trail ride in the midwest so its the sled to beat on the lakes around here. I have it geared and on a ice road last year hit 160mph on the dream meter so probably 120-130 mph on radar. Its fast and smooth, its funny 100mph isn't a lot different feeling then 160, the sled is my dream sled and now with a little baby girl in our lives I'm taking advantage of the 4 stroke and just gas and go and oil once a year. The time saving on maint is really nice. Everyother year I need to get into the chain, bearings, etc as they SC is hard on wear items like that but the motor hasn't been touched since it was set up. Starts in -30, does everything well on the trail, and I cant wipe the perma grin off my face coming out of corners and using about 40% throttle on a tight trail through the trees, its a RUSH. On a lake and 100% throttle is INSANE it flys up to 120 mph then continues to climb once at 150 it takes some space to get to 160 (all dream meter readings).
Ya Kinger9 I know what your talking about when you truely are over 100mph. Look at my personal profile picture. I use to race asphalt and have raced in front of a 150,000 people at the Denver Mile Hight Nationals and did my fist ESPN interview. That was one of my first rushes in my younger days. Keep on kicking A$$ with that yammi on the lakes of the Midwest,,

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" width="600"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td id="poptop" colspan="2"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center" valign="top"> <table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="left" valign="top" width="280"> Motion Bar Riser System
This system is a new product designed to compliment virtually any snowmobile you ride. Its unique parallelogram design gives you instant adjustment for the rider and riding style, to enhance the comfort and control of your sled. This is done quickly and easily using a quick adjustment design that does not compromise the orientation of the controls on the handlebars. High quality CNC machined 6061 aluminum and stainless steel hard wear compliments this very highly engineered product.
</td> <td align="center" valign="top" width="310">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="590"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="3">Product List</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="3" class="catHdr">Six Inch Risers</td></tr> <tr> <td class="catHdr">Part #</td> <td class="catHdr">Description</td> <td class="catHdr">Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRow">MWI060601</td> <td class="catRow">6" riser assembly 7/8" bottom mount by 7/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRow">$405.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRowAlt">MWI060602</td> <td class="catRowAlt">6" riser assembly 7/8" bottom mount by 1-1/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRowAlt">$410.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRow">MWI060603</td> <td class="catRow">6" riser assembly flat plate 4 bolt mount by 7/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRow">$389.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRowAlt">MWI060604</td> <td class="catRowAlt">6" riser assembly flat plate 4 bolt mount by 1-1/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRowAlt">$400.00</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" class="catHdr">Eight Inch Risers</td></tr> <tr> <td class="catHdr">Part #</td> <td class="catHdr">Description</td> <td class="catHdr">Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRow">MWI060801</td> <td class="catRow">8" riser assembly 7/8" bottom mount by 7/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRow">$425.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRowAlt">MWI060802</td> <td class="catRowAlt">8" riser assembly 7/8" bottom mount by 1-1/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRowAlt">$435.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRow">MWI060803</td> <td class="catRow">8" riser assembly flat plate 4 bolt mount by 7/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRow">$415.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRowAlt">MWI060804</td> <td class="catRowAlt">8" riser assembly flat plate 4 bolt mount by 1-1/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRowAlt">$425.00</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" class="catHdr">Ten Inch Risers</td></tr> <tr> <td class="catHdr">Part #</td> <td class="catHdr">Description</td> <td class="catHdr">Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRow">MWI061001</td> <td class="catRow">10" riser assembly 7/8" bottom mount by 7/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRow">$440.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRowAlt">MWI061002</td> <td class="catRowAlt">10" riser assembly 7/8" bottom mount by 1-1/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRowAlt">$450.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRow">MWI061003</td> <td class="catRow">10" riser assembly flat plate 4 bolt mount by 7/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRow">$425.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRowAlt">MWI061004</td> <td class="catRowAlt">10" riser assembly flat plate 4 bolt mount by 1-1/8" handlebar mount</td> <td class="catRowAlt">$435.00</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" class="catHdr">Parts & Options</td></tr> <tr> <td class="catHdr">Part #</td> <td class="catHdr">Description</td> <td class="catHdr">Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRow">MWI059010</td> <td class="catRow">1/2" thick 4 bolt plate spacer (required for Yamaha Apex)</td> <td class="catRow">$25.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="catRowAlt">MWI059009</td> <td class="catRowAlt">Adjusting handle for 6", 8" or 10" models (Black in colour)</td> <td class="catRowAlt">$15.00</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" align="center">
All prices in Canadian funds</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

This riser setup is awesome my buddy ran there first riser back in 2006 on his apex. Its almost like having a horizontal steering then flip the leaver roll up and you have a vertical steering. Very strong product no issues there. Little on the steep side for pricing but worth it.

A
Nov 11, 2010
The photo shows our updated NCI x-Factor riser design. We will be making these in 3 to 6 inch lengths. The plate post adaptor shown is for the Nytro and adds about 2.25 inches to the system.

Rev3 X-Factor Riser - 5 inch.jpg

G
Jan 17, 2012
olesmachine.com AWESOME angled risers for Nytro and more...

Ole's machine makes a great riser for all makes/models. From 2"-8". He makes an angled base if you want it, from a 15 deg base to a 30 deg base.

I ordered a 6" 15 degree angled riser for my Nytro instead of using a rotating pivot because I thought it would be stronger and I cant imagine anything being stronger than this thing. He didn't have the 15-deg in stock but he made me one the next day and shipped it out the same day. Seems to be another small business with a great product!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The Riser Store

http://olesmachine.com/
**You have clicked on the best website for Non Pivot Risers**

The reason our risers are so different is because we make them with an angle on the bottom of the riser. That makes the riser go straight up from the steering post plate, not up and back toward you like other straight risers. This gives you a more rider forward position. This also helps give you more cable, line & wire length, so you can go higher with my risers unlike other straight cut risers. Because our riser is made from one piece of aluminum, we think it is the strongest on the market.

Go to the bottom of the page for instructions on how to measure your riser height needs.
risers500X375.jpg

Instructions for getting correct riser height

First figure out how much higher you want to go:
Stand or sit on the sled and have a friend measure the difference from your hands to the bars.

2nd figure out how high you can go:
Take your bars loose and pull them up as far as they will go.
Give the wires and cables some room to move. Then measure from the top front of the steering plate
to the center of the bars. That is the height of my riser you can use.

If you have any other questions email or call.

B

BOOSTIN-BAYOU

Mar 26, 2011
layton UT
risers

Mountain Performance has a nice riser kit with a new steering post and two sets of risers one 3" and one 6" steering post has a round riser mount for around 130 dollars

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey Christopher
I came across those risers at one point. They do look nice. I personally like the flexibilty of rotating my bars forward or backward a little to find the ultimate sweet spot for me that a pivot riser gives you. You have listed quite a few of them in this post. I realize that in a hard impact or a bad roll over or worse yet when you come in contact with the bars after a sudden stop maneuver that happen from time to time the bar might shift a little and i am ok with that. Of course with the yamaha you have to deal with the flat top steering post but RSI and several others have an option of an adapter to allow you to use a pivot type riser. If you want to go one step better there are several companies out there that make replacement steering posts for the Nytro as well. I am happy with my RSI riser and bars. Too many options makes it a little tough to choose that is for sure. That that is what makes this country great right !!!

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey Jeff
Yes!!! I am but barely =) life support monitor is still making noises anyway. 6 1/2 months of unemployment for the second time with no job in sight. just trying to stay positive and moving forward. Thanks!! for the concern =) Even worst then that though is No snow in Tahoe or should i say very little. You can say the end of 2011 and the start of 2012 has not been very good to me . The good side is that i still have my since of humor =).

Speaking of not beeing around. People have been asking where OFT was off too. Also another forum has not been the same without you and MT bantering back and forth now that he went to the dark side of geen or was that white.

I hope all is well with you, Scott and OFT. I have been reading that you guys have been a little busy lately helping the skinz boys. It has been nice to finally see people starting to post reviews of the concept front end after the initial firestorm of controversy. Also been eyeing that oil tank you guys are now selling for the nytro. I have this feeling that my oil tank is living on barrowed time for some reason.

When are the OFT boys going to start offering an over the top riser for yamaha? Nice segway back to christophers post Ah!!! thank you very much =)

Premium Features