• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200 head gasket change?

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
I'm sure I got a blown head gasket on the t1200. Got a small leak on a rear exchanger hose and didn't notice until it got way to hot!!! Now when on the boost coolant blows right out the bottle.
How big of a job to change it?
What special tools are needed?
Do these things get warped heads when they get too hot??
Also it doesn't seem to circulate coolant at idle, is that normal?
Thanks

Kevin

S
Dec 27, 2007
telkwa bc
You can pick up a shop manuel on cd. Its on ebay round $20 after shipping. It comes from BC so will be here quick. Im doin an oil cooler on my new to me 1200t I just picked up. Hope that is where my coolant is coming from. Have you tried a coolant system pressure tester?

A
The gasket can be done with the engine in the sled, we like to pull it right out and make sure there are no problems.as for your coolant circulation problem, there was a update on the thermostat in 2010 and a pump change as well I think it was just a running change, but it is a upgrade.
Tool wise a cam lock tool works well for not getting thing out of sink,you can build your own or I'm sure someone like PL could sell you one.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced DYno

Premium Features