• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro's doing what Nytros arent supposed to :)

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
After yesterday's ride on the new supercharged sled, all I can say is you need BOOST!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

boost is crack for law abiding citizens...

It has a 100% addictive rate to it...
It has 100% recidivism rate as well!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
boost is crack for law abiding citizens...

It has a 100% addictive rate to it...
It has 100% recidivism rate as well!!!

hrVR.jpg

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
So I am very interested in this new set up and it will most likely be on the to do list for next year, but was wondering how they are getting the 4.5 inches forward acomplished. Are they doing it all in the A-arms or are they moveing the the front subframe forward. It seems that if the it is done just in the A-arms it would put the shock on a pretty good angle pointing forward and may result in shock failure but not sure.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
So I am very interested in this new set up and it will most likely be on the to do list for next year, but was wondering how they are getting the 4.5 inches forward acomplished. Are they doing it all in the A-arms or are they moveing the the front subframe forward. It seems that if the it is done just in the A-arms it would put the shock on a pretty good angle pointing forward and may result in shock failure but not sure.

define what you mean by shocks pointing forward? do you mean like the new Proclimb chassis?

IMG_0189.jpg

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
define what you mean by shocks pointing forward? do you mean like the new Proclimb chassis?

Well since I have not seen one in person then I guess so. Just seems like 4 inches forward at the bottom or so may not allow the shock to function as well as when it is in the stock position.. But I am not a suspension expert just trying to learn something. So I will assume the move is being all done with the A-arms

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Well since I have not seen one in person then I guess so. Just seems like 4 inches forward at the bottom or so may not allow the shock to function as well as when it is in the stock position.. But I am not a suspension expert just trying to learn something. So I will assume the move is being all done with the A-arms

Yeah no worries...we are all learning...which is no different than manufacturers and the aftermarket...

One thing I noticed from cat, prior to riding this new suspension, is that they have the shocks tipped back or forward which ever...

My opinion...traditional is shocks perpendicular to the ground...IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) this is more prone to breaking, as bumps and things approach...which seems to make you think that if they were tipped versus perpendicular they would allow better acceptance of the bump....

no doubt some of the harshness we feel in bumps etc. is the initial hit until the ski and the shock alter the angle for the shock to translate it into a vertical dampening...or reduction of the impact...

but yes, they have changed the angles and geometry to make the improvement...

Last edited by a moderator:

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
Yeah no worries...we are all learning...which is no different than manufacturers and the aftermarket...

One thing I noticed from cat, prior to riding this new suspension, is that they have the shocks tipped back or forward which ever...

My opinion...traditional is shocks perpendicular to the ground...IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) this is more prone to breaking, as bumps and things approach...which seems to make you think that if they were tipped versus perpendicular they would allow better acceptance of the bump....

no doubt some of the harshness we feel in bumps etc. is the initial hit until the ski and the shock alter the angle for the shock to translate it into a vertical dampening...or reduction of the impact...

but yes, Skinz has changed the angles and geometry to make the improvement...

That makes sense. So will they have anything ready this season or will we have to wait till next season? What about price have they gave any estimations.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That makes sense. So will they have anything ready this season or will we have to wait till next season? What about price have they gave any estimations.
Hopefully they will go forward with production in time for us to have some Summer/Fall builds!!

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
What company is building this badazz front suspension? Does anyone know if you can use your stock fox shocks? This new front suspension, Yamaha lightweight skid,180hp boost. Should be one sweet sled.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
What company is building this badazz front suspension? Does anyone know if you can use your stock fox shocks? This new front suspension, Yamaha lightweight skid,180hp boost. Should be one sweet sled.

- Skinz

- They are working on a spherical bearing for the upper shock mount that would allow the use of the stock fox floats - it will not work on the older sleds with coilovers

- I am looking at doing the same sled you are talking for 2012 - except I will keep the stock rear skid, put on the Skinz airframe running boards and the OFT steering re-locator - then ride it and decide what else I want to add...

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
I was told that there would be more information available next week. They are looking at different price points ( different shock packages, retrofitting OEM Floats etc. ) as well as when the product will be available.

I believe they will be offereing it in a 42" wide version for the trail riders too.

So, we'll all just have to wait a little while longer.

Scott

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
- Skinz

- They are working on a spherical bearing for the upper shock mount that would allow the use of the stock fox floats - it will not work on the older sleds with coilovers

- I am looking at doing the same sled you are talking for 2012 - except I will keep the stock rear skid, put on the Skinz airframe running boards and the OFT steering re-locator - then ride it and decide what else I want to add...

OFT steering relocator is the only way to go imo. Yamaha's skid is sweet. I would also like to install Skinz seat, running boards and the new front end and of course BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST...........:face-icon-small-hap

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
well, a friend posted some stuff on that other site...So, I thought I would be ok to post pics of the front end in action, so you can see things... :)

250Medium.jpg

019Medium.jpg

021Medium.jpg

087Medium.jpg

088Medium.jpg

089Medium.jpg

111Medium.jpg

129Medium.jpg

130Medium.jpg

132Medium.jpg

134Medium.jpg

147Medium.jpg

148Medium.jpg

157Medium.jpg

236Medium.jpg

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Does anyone know if this front end is going to work with a coil over shock like the exit shocks?? Or fox air shocks only??

Premium Features