• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Yamaha Sled Rumors & Predictions

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am surprised what a good job Yamaha has done in not allowing anything about the new sleds to leak out yet.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
If yamaha had anything big coming out we would have heard about it. I think you'll just see some refinements like Doo did for 2012. Maybe a factory SC or Turbo. Economy just isn't good enough to warrant a big change. On the other hand I think Cat will have a new chassis just because it's their 50th anniversery and the M series has been around for a long time. We all know it's BNG's for Polaris which is fine due too the Pro being a big success in the mountains. Have to say, there isn't one of the big four I wouldn't buy a sled from right now. Good stuff for everyone in my opinion.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, you would be hard pressed to find a brand new high end sled that wouldn't be welcome in your garage right now.

While there are plenty of differences, our current crop is pretty solid.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
It would be a step backward for how much they are pushing 4 strokes, But ski-doo bashed 4 stroked for years and now have two motors.

But if they went 2 stroke with this technology??????? http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/products/subcathome/14/home.aspx

Would be a e tec competitor.

And! to be fair, ski-doo only has etec from buying out Evenrude and took their evinrude ficht technology, this is pure yamaha......And i would possibly buy a super light weight yamaha nytro like sled with a 800 HPDI 160hp motor because i will never buy a 4 stroke.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Briiinnnngggggg...............
2003 is calling, they want their joke back, it's the 10th anniversary of that one

LOL...well played. However...those Yami's are STILL heavy. So the joke still works.

HAHA

S
warn.png
You have reached the limit of your Free Basic Member reading privileges. To continue reading this thread, please upgrade to Premium Member status.

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
hey sledneck just wondering why you wouldnt buy a four stroke? yet seem to have an opinion about them and post in the four stroke section

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
hey scott can polaris even get a 800 to hold together?! keep making weight jokes and we'll keep making blown motor jokes!!

C

CSCHERER

Nov 26, 2007
2012 Arctic Cat....1100cc turbo'd stock sled...177hp 12lbs of boost out of the box....

This might be the year folks.......

Premium Features