• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polishing your Nytro Tunnel

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Was just pondering more summer projects, and stated thinking about what would be involved in polishing my tunnel.

Curious if anyone else has already gone down that route?

Other than lots of hours, are there any real drawbacks to having a polished tunnel?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Only drawback....you now have spent more time polishing your tunnel then sledding.

Why not spend the 14hrs doing exercise and getting ready to ride next year?

Funny how much time people will spend tunning and light weighting their sleds then wonder why they still can't seem to get the sled to do what they want. I am 300lbs how should I set up my suspension?:face-icon-small-con

IMO

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
it's really shiny and then you always want it to be that shiny so you end up spending lots of time polishing. other than that no real down side, it's a looks thing

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Only drawback....you now have spent more time polishing your tunnel then sledding.

Why not spend the 14hrs doing exercise and getting ready to ride next year?

Funny how much time people will spend tunning and light weighting their sleds then wonder why they still can't seem to get the sled to do what they want. I am 300lbs how should I set up my suspension?:face-icon-small-con

IMO

I work out every day trying to get my 47 year old, 230lb body in better shape. I burned 777 calories this morning on my TreadClimber, with a working heartrate of 140.

I will work to lighten my sled AND lighten the load I put on it all summer long.

And from what I can see, Polishing your tunnel IS exercise!! :face-icon-small-hap

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
the shine fades fairly quickly no matter the quality of a polish job, but where the quality polish job shines is the that you won't have to work as hard to get back that bright shine compared to a substandard polish job.

05REVSTER

Feb 19, 2008
Manitoba Canada
www.youtube.com
NO. I polished my tunnel when the sled was brand new and it still looks good. Did the same to my RX1. It will maintain a lot better polished than left alone. Once polished it is easy to keep up.

I agree. I do it every summer, it's like waxing the car.

If you get one of those balls that goes on the end of your drill it can make it a quicker job. I believe mothers makes them.

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
Mothers

I have used the Mothers aluminum wheel polish on my tunnel and it seems to work really good. I have not finished it as there are more important summer upgrades to finish but I think with the sled up on the lift where I don't need to bend down too much I can have it done in under 2 hours.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Have you used this stuff and seen that it really works??

zsp-9550r_w.jpg

Seal in your shine with these ZoopSeal protective sealer kits. Simply polish your aluminum, stainless steel, or chrome, and then apply ZoopSeal to seal in the shine and protect it against oxidation for two to three years. One of these kits will cover approximately 75 sq. ft. They can be used on cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, engines, interior accessories, and wheels.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Have you used this stuff and seen that it really works??

Seal in your shine with these ZoopSeal protective sealer kits. Simply polish your aluminum, stainless steel, or chrome, and then apply ZoopSeal to seal in the shine and protect it against oxidation for two to three years. One of these kits will cover approximately 75 sq. ft. They can be used on cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, engines, interior accessories, and wheels.

Great minds think alike Christopher, look right above your post ; )

Cheers.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I followed YOUR link and posted what it said.
But I was asking if YOU had used this stuff and personally endorse it as effective on a sled?

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
LOL, yeah I've used it (Not on a tunnel yet though) it's awesome stuff.

I use it on aluminum wheels and other exposed aluminum, to make them look and stay chrome looking. Also helps with brake dust and such.

I plan on powdercoating my tunnel so I don't want to put it on there and make the powdercoat flake, but it would work just fine, as it is aluminum.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
don't take your modifications to extreme guys...these are after all machines..if you get carried away you will soon be plugging the ends of your milkshake straws to prevent them from draining

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
don't take your modifications to extreme guys...these are after all machines..if you get carried away you will soon be plugging the ends of your milkshake straws to prevent them from draining
Nothing wrong with making your ride look beautiful and ride well at the same time.

Premium Features