• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Nytro going on a major weight loss program ?

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
I just feel bad for the Space Pope when he finds out he is mistaken.

i won't have to cause i won't be mistaken. i'm the Space Pope i know what will happen, the little birdy told me the truth of what 2012 will bring

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I can easily lift a fully dressed 800 by myself, but you pretty much need a small crane for the 1050. Its bigger in every dimension as well.

I will see if I can track down actual numbers, but I would put some ca$h on it that it's close to double.

Lmao there not that heavy buddy i pack my apex motor like fk all. Maybe I'm a small crane or just dont wear panties.:face-icon-small-winBut the motors are not double. Yamaha makes a tough sled period. There is alot of places to drop weight besides the motor to get the weight down. There sleds have always been heavier but have always been far more durable than other sleds.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Lmao there not that heavy buddy i pack my apex motor like fk all. Maybe I'm a small crane or just dont wear panties.:face-icon-small-winBut the motors are not double. Yamaha makes a tough sled period. There is alot of places to drop weight besides the motor to get the weight down. There sleds have always been heavier but have always been far more durable than other sleds.

I love clowns like you who make bold berating statements but can't back them up.
I made a phone call to Xtreme Powersports, and got shipping weights on both engines...
http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Skidoo_OEM/Skidoo.asp?Type=13&A=882&B=7
The 800R weighs in at 79 lbs
The Yamaha 1049cc engine comes in at 144 lbs

If thats not close to double then I don't know what is.

I know that Yamaha makes a tough sled.... and I agree with you there. You got totally derailed on the point I was making.

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
you-want-some-ointment-for-that-sick-burn.png

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I love clowns like you who make bold berating statements but can't back them up.
I made a phone call to Xtreme Powersports, and got shipping weights on both engines...
http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Skidoo_OEM/Skidoo.asp?Type=13&A=882&B=7
The 800R weighs in at 79 lbs
The Yamaha 1049cc engine comes in at 144 lbs

If thats not close to double then I don't know what is.

I know that Yamaha makes a tough sled.... and I agree with you there. You got totally derailed on the point I was making.

"Clown" You prove to be! You ride your sled with the motor in a crate you oxy moron?? lmao The Nytro motor weighs 110 pounds.WE have shipped a motor and weighed it, but with out the crate first..lol Thats right not double. But on another note i couldn't give to sh%ts if a two smoke motor is lighter. It a no brainier its going to be. Next time you try to post info as factual, MAKE SURE IT IS CLOWN.

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I bet the 2012 Nytro's going to have power steering.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Standard or as an option?

I have to admit, I would REALLY like to take the new Apex SE out for a ride next season and see what the impact of the power steering is.

The few that have ridden it had pretty good things to say about it.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
I know some are laughing but I wouldn't doubt for a second that power steering would make a difference on initiating a sidehill. Especially for those of us who apparently wear panties... :p

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
What about a Nytro chassis (maybe a wider version) with a 1200 that is pumping out 150 HP? I think yamaha has a solid chassis to work with, HP is a major factor that yamaha is giving up to the competition.

Yami is lacking an "800 class" sled...hopefully we'll see the replacement for the Apex this year...or since we have wanted boost since the RX-1; a factory boosted sled.

My revised and reconsidered prediction is new big dog sled to replace apex (possibly boosted) and minor ergonomic changes to the Nytro with 4 or 5 pounds shaved off. SE models will have power steering/reverse while base models will not. Difference will be about 1k on the price tag.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
What is the weight difference between a 2-stroke 800 and and 1050 Nytro motor? We all know it's heavier but does anyone know the real numbers for just the motors?
We have weighed the 1050 and it is pretty much bang on 110 lbs. There is about 30 lbs diff.
I really don't see Yammy dropping much weight if any. They realize that they have the only 4 stroke in the mountain segment and they will not give up strength for weight. There is some obvious weight savings in the exhaust, but they can't do alot with it due to EPA standards. I would say they drop a max of 10 pounds if any.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
So, question is...... if there is only a 30 pound difference in the engine (when compared to an 800) then where is the other 70 pounds (550ish versus 450# for some of the 2 strokes)?
I know there is some extra weight in the exhaust and oil tank, but is there really that much to be saved in the chassis alone?

Premium Features