• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Nytro going on a major weight loss program ?

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Impossible you say??

A 2010 Nytro wet ready to ride comes in at around 618. Please show me an aftermarket one that is 518.

Yes..... No way Yami can or will get 100 pounds out of it. For the 40k it cost us for them to produce it and market it no one would buy it. Now 100 pounds less and 300 plus hp, they will get a few of us, but not the numbers they need for profit margin.

I'll keep my eyes open for the 518 wet ready to ride Nytro.

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
maybe there will a 100 pound loss on a 2012 sled, like people have mentioned yamaha does a 5 year model change. the nytro may not be the one that loses the 100 pounds, it may be a whole new chassic that is 100 pounds less than the current nytro. could be something along the lines of the phazer, light weight but also underpowered.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The little bird says all of you will be pleasantly surprised.
As for me, I won't be buying a 2011 Nytro :face-icon-small-win

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Impossible you say??

Why in the world is this such a hard thing to imagine? Quite a few of us are VERY close and dont have $20K into our sleds...

Pretty easy... Just money...
Timbersled Mtn Tamer (rear skid)= 38 lbs.
Lightweight Battery= 8-10 lbs.
Timbersled Barkbuster (front end kit)= 8 lbs.
Fox Floats (front shicks)= 6 lbs.
Rear Exhaust= up to 10 lbs.
Misc. etc. = 10 lbs. (people always argue about this one, foot pegs, Sway bar, couple tunnel brackets, e-brake, etc.)
Total diet= 82 lbs!!!

These arent the brutally expensive things like sub-frames, titanium bolts etc. A factory could easily pull 5-10 off this subframe and someone like Yammie has the engineering to do it without sacrificing...Also, on the boost kit I installed...and yes weighed all parts on and all parts off...I dropped 13lbs...So I am at 95 lbs...

Again, All weighed and measured...and was prior to changing the hood and deleting the headlight etc. etc. etc. My finished sled is weighed in with over 100Lbs. savings...and yes, i am less than $20k...(course that is before replacing from breaking stuff :))

could a factory get the savings i got to? sure....have you seen the Steel on this thing? Just the under tunnel brackets alone

I also have it on VERY good word 2012 is THE year...so my little rocket will go on sale this year...

Picture167Medium.jpg

Last edited:

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Why in the world is this such a hard thing to imagine? Quite a few of us are VERY close and dont have $20K into our sleds...

Pretty easy... Just money...
Timbersled Mtn Tamer (rear skid)= 38 lbs.
Lightweight Battery= 8-10 lbs.
Timbersled Barkbuster (front end kit)= 8 lbs.
Fox Floats (front shicks)= 6 lbs.
Rear Exhaust= up to 10 lbs.
Misc. etc. = 10 lbs. (people always argue about this one, foot pegs, Sway bar, couple tunnel brackets, e-brake, etc.)
Total diet= 82 lbs!!!

These arent the brutally expensive things like sub-frames, titanium bolts etc. A factory could easily pull 5-10 off this subframe and someone like Yammie has the engineering to do it without sacrificing...Also, on the boost kit I installed...and yes weighed all parts on and all parts off...I dropped 13lbs...So I am at 95 lbs...

Again, All weighed and measured...and was prior to changing the hood and deleting the headlight etc. etc. etc. My finished sled is weighed in with over 100Lbs. savings...and yes, i am less than $20k...(course that is before replacing from breaking stuff :))

could a factory get the savings i got to? sure....have you seen the Steel on this thing? Just the under tunnel brackets alone

I also have it on VERY good word 2012 is THE year...so my little rocket will go on sale this year...

Picture167Medium.jpg

Show it on a scale. I have a full mod Nytro with the only added weight being a 174 CE, and an MCX kit. Weighs in at 630 plus wet ready to ride. Have an apex 100% done with 174 CE and SC weighs in at 624 wet ready to ride.

Thanks to Thistledoo I have this exact sled in my garage right now the TS skid and all after market weight loss crap. It has an MCX and using the three scale system...not totally accurate it weighs 630 plus with 1/2 a tank of gas......Re-checked....Best of three set up and finding a flater placement......612.

your 82 pounds is going by what they say ur saving. bet its not 60 or 50 for that matter. you do not save 38 pound with a TS from a 2010 skid, maybe 15 if ur lucky and that is a stretch.

Last edited:
T
Some one should shoot the little birdy...that sounds like an evil Ski-Doo or Polaris industrial rumor meant to keep 2011 yami sales down. Don't don't don't believe the hype. Why in the world are the flowers of 2010 blooming and anyone is freaking out about a theoretical 100lbs weight loss program for a sled that is not gonna hit snow for 2yrs. Snow check one all you want, if they ever exist, heck, I'll be in line too, but until the birdy starts building new sleds, this is all just inflated silly talk.

Okay, but I want one!!

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
Some one should shoot the little birdy...that sounds like an evil Ski-Doo or Polaris industrial rumor meant to keep 2011 yami sales down. Don't don't don't believe the hype. Why in the world are the flowers of 2010 blooming and anyone is freaking out about a theoretical 100lbs weight loss program for a sled that is not gonna hit snow for 2yrs. Snow check one all you want, if they ever exist, heck, I'll be in line too, but until the birdy starts building new sleds, this is all just inflated silly talk.

Okay, but I want one!!

until some one comes up with some real info that isn't from this dumb @ss bird, it's all just make believe and hype

05REVSTER

Feb 19, 2008
Manitoba Canada
www.youtube.com
Ah sled rumors.:face-icon-small-con

I recall this past winter there was huge talk over at the ski-doo camp of a 1200HO. It was a done deal according to a lot of guys. I never believe the rumors till I see spy pics.

But it's fun to speculate isn't it.

I'd be happy with 50 lbs off and 20 HP on!:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, I can't see anyone who would complain about a lighter sled so long as they maintain their durability and reliability.

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
i can't see them dropping a 100pounds from the nytro, new chassis new motor is my guess

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well since this is all speculation i guess its ok to let you know that Honda is going to buy out Yamaha and stop production of all the Yamaha Sleds and they will give away the 2011Yamaha sled production models as boat anchors to everyone that buys a 9.9 Honda outboard or larger

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Maybe they'll move the plant to Mexico to save a few bucks like Polaris and then pass the savings on to us....lol

I do like the Honda idea....Maybe now that they came to the UTV market they will tinker with sleds....nice thought anyway.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The only way for them to drop the weight, in that amount, is to make the engine lighter....

Maybe a Direct Injected, Miller cycle 2 cylinder, 4 stroke, 1 liter if they can get the harmonics correct and build the sled using the engine as a stressed element in the chassis construction.

I can easily see a 480lb Production 4 stroke... If anyone can pull it off, Yamaha would be the one.

Rumors are fun!!

Last edited:
Premium Features