• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 Belt Drive

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
wow 200 miles... you might want to check your set up. over 1400 miles with nitrous running a 3 inch and no issues, never had a isuue yet with anysled in 25 years, lol

i think the belt is a good idea, but needs more of them out there to be tested in all enviroments, 2lbs should be something you can notice, on spool up for sure, but 1000 bucks is a bit of coin for that mod

Brian,
Installed mine today and like to say great job on the product. Very easy to install and great workman ship. Hope to get out and try it as stock chains haven't been standing up with a 174x2.5x16 and 860. Only getting about 200 miles before chain is stretched and ready to give problems. Keep chain tight and with hard pulls the chain keep stretching . Was going to go with 15 wide until you fellas built this. Hope that it stands up. Will giver a test. (20/49 Gearing with the chain)2.45
R.C.
Thanks again

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
, never had a isuue yet with anysled in 25 years, lol
Same here first time with this problem, Had cats years ago with 1107 cc's and 156 track that would give problems but not these days.
I think that dealer may have given me some different chain. Asked them when i picked them up if they were stock chains. Chains didn't have brp bag on them.
And i can go 31 years. Not first trip around a sled, lol
Video looks good, poor yammy. Everybody has there day.
Cheers!

Last edited:
A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Looks great... Quality work.

The test will come, just like the other gates equipped belt drive, in how do the belts hold up when jumping and landing on the throttle?

Any plans for other sled mfgs/models?

Most of the units have been on mountain sleds. As far as jumping goes, it shouldn't be a problem since we use an idler system that keeps the belt in place and the sprockets use a tooth/grove which offers the same non-slip engagement of a chain. The belts that we use are really strong, and the belt manufacturer (Gates) claims that their belts should outlasts roller chains 3-to-1. They also claim the belts don't stretch as much as chains, so in fact, our SyncroDrive system may be better for jumping, but we will have to test it out...

As far as kits for other sleds go, we are going to develop a kit for the extended XP chain case. But we are going to wait and see how these kits perform before we look at other manufacturers. Did you have one in particular that you wanted?

Here is a picture courtesy of Irondog, who had to tow his riding partner home a few weeks ago because his chain broke...

Chain - Irondog.jpg

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i was wondering if you are offering any spring check deals if someone would like to do your carbon fiber chasie with intergrated fuel tank and bulkhead:face-icon-small-hap

i could be able to drop off in may and pick up in october finished and ready to ride

you can pm me if you wish, wait for your pricing...lol

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
i was wondering if you are offering any spring check deals if someone would like to do your carbon fiber chasie with intergrated fuel tank and bulkhead:face-icon-small-hap

i could be able to drop off in may and pick up in october finished and ready to ride

you can pm me if you wish, wait for your pricing...lol

We will be using our current pricing until the end of April. Next seasons parts will be a bit more expensive do to rising costs of materials. Give us a call @ 250-833-3538 and we can work something out.

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
SyncroDrive Update

SyncroDrive Update

Here is a table of the gear ratios available:
SyncroDriveRatios.jpg

If your interested in changing gear ratios often, the tog gear is much easier to swap out, and is cheaper as well. Extra Top gears are about $134. So you can quickly go from 210 to 252

Instructions for Switching Top Gear:

1) Apply Brake
2) Loosen Top Sprocket and Belt Tension
4) Swat Gears
5) Tighten Sprocket and Belt Tension

We have done some testing and found that we can get the kit to work with the Avid Extended Chain Case. So if you were waiting for an extended option, give us a call!

http://www.c3powersports.com/content/c3-syncrodrive

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
See if I got this right. The kit includes:

3 gears
1 belt
1 triangular plate machined to hold the middle gear in place
some bolts and washers and spacers
1 carbon fiber cover for lower portion

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Yes you were close, but its not 3 gears because the middle one is our idler/belt tension system.

The kit includes the following:
Top Sprocket
Bottom Sprocket
Idler/tension wheel assembly
Carbon Fiber half cover
Gates carbon fiber belt
All mounting brackets and necessary hardware

A complete installation video can be found here: http://www.c3powersports.com/content/syncrodrive-installation-ski-doo-xp

here is a closer look at the idler/belt tension system. It was engineered so it can work the same as the stock chain tensioner.

DSC05491.jpg

DSC05494.jpg

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Yes you were close, but its not 3 gears because the middle one is our idler/belt tension system.

The kit includes the following:
Top Sprocket
Bottom Sprocket
Idler/tension wheel assembly
Carbon Fiber half cover
Gates carbon fiber belt
All mounting brackets and necessary hardware

A complete installation video can be found here: http://www.c3powersports.com/content/syncrodrive-installation-ski-doo-xp

here is a closer look at the idler/belt tension system. It was engineered so it can work the same as the stock chain tensioner.

DSC05491.jpg

DSC05494.jpg

Nice looking CNC work!

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
drive

Yes these drives look great, simple and efficent.
I will most likley be installing one on my new XP project for next year, I would also like to see a full CNC version that does not use the exsisting stock chain case, do you have on in the works???

Last edited:
A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Check your bearings

Just to let everyone know, when installing our kit, it is a good idea to check your bearings when you have your chain case disassembled. It is also recommended to either replace, or inject some new bearing grease to flush out some chain case oil that may have contaminated the bearing grease. Even if your not upgrading to the SyncroDrive, it is a good idea to replace these bearings every so often.

The problem is that the XP uses a sealed greased bearing and does not need any additional lubrication. The XP bearing is in constant contact with the chain case oil, so we have found that if you are using an older machine, some chain oil actually gets into the bearing which mixes with the grease and causes the bearing to have a shorter life span.

This is a quote from one of our customers "just a side note, both my bearings had zero grease!!! chain case oil washed it out, so i replaced them with 2 new greased bearings"

So with the SyncroDrive, there is no constant oil saturation so your bearings will last longer.

B

BigPete907

Mar 21, 2010
Fairbanks, AK
i have a buddy who has a CMX and when he is going from powder to hard pack he will break belts, and it happens quite often, has anything like that happened with your belt drive kit?

Premium Features