• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 turbo xp vs 09 stock xp video

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
You asked for it so here it is!!:D

Here are some links to some video we did this last weekend in the Sierra Madres here in Wyoming.
Elevation 9700-10,500
Both sleds are 163 tracks.
The 09 has a light weight can and that is it! Everything is stock, even the clutching.

The Turbo is the same one we have video on from earlier this year.
The kit is from Turbo Performance
The boost was set at 9#'s 2871 garrett

So here is some real world side by side comparison videos!

Turbo Performance and Moore Performance has done great job on getting these to run at elevation.

This turbo sled has been rocking all winter long with no problems what so ever.

I don't ride ski-doo's so I can't answer all your questions you may have. But I am sure someone on here can.
Enjoy
Cheers:beer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSmGGqK9GZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIMEEG6PT2c

http://www.youtube.com/user/craigcatellier#p/a/u/0/-blBD6CBKgU

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
if it runs it that well on such hardpack, dont even want to see what it can do when theres actually some deep stuff.. seems like thats when the turbos really shine, as they still seem to be going the same speed!!!

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
For the 1st 50 feet it's hard to tell which one is the turbo. After that it becomes pretty clear! Nice work!

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Sweet

David,
Nice Video!!! I know exactly where that hill was we were down there the day after i saw you at the parking area that day and I could barely make it up that hill that day!!! But then again it looks like it is alittle more setup then it was 2 weeks ago. How is it compared to your nytro? Less power but more fun? Anyway keep giving us vids!!!!
Later Tyler

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
Boost

Wyo-doo,
In the videos it was at 8-9# of boost. Turned it wayyyyy up later in the day but seems pointless to post that since you see what happens against a stocker at this boost level!!!:p:beer;

BTW it doesnt matter how high I turn it up I cant even come close to
DC Turbo on his nasty, nasty Nytro even if his boost is turned all the way down!!!!!:D:D

looks great wish i had mine! how many pounds is the turbo running?

W

wy-doo

Wyo-doo,
In the videos it was at 8-9# of boost. Turned it wayyyyy up later in the day but seems pointless to post that since you see what happens against a stocker at this boost level!!!:p:beer;

BTW it doesnt matter how high I turn it up I cant even come close to
DC Turbo on his nasty, nasty Nytro even if his boost is turned all the way down!!!!!:D:D

Thanks looks like fun I will be picking mine up this weekend I HOPE:confused:

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
Call me

We will be going again this weekend, call me and maybe we will come your way?? Love to come see your backyard, heard it is awesome!!!:beer;

T
Jul 21, 2008
www.turboboyz.com
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man looks fun like always, it looks like the turbo is spinning so hard that it couldn't hook up. Well its a good side by side though. So where was the 09 & 10 at? I would have loved to seen that comparison. Now we need deeeppp snow to do more comparisons to really show every one what these do!!

Well looks like your staying caught up on installs and you have time to play well that will change this next week your next batch will ship Friday.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
09 & 2010

They were there but their group wanted to go to a different area!! Anyway call me tomorrow I have some interesting feedback on the 2010!!! It is awesome!! Thanks for the quick turnaround on these last kits.:beer;:beer;

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Ya the snow was setting up pretty good by the time we got back down there to film.
The Nytro is stupid fast. I am getting some over boost and that make things go wild on the mapping. I found that my gate valve was broken on my waste gate and hoping that will bring thinks back to normal.
The T-Doo is a blast to ride in the trees. With the less power it makes things a little more challenging again..
When do you think you may be back out west again?
and how was the rest of the weekend for ya?

David,
Nice Video!!! I know exactly where that hill was we were down there the day after i saw you at the parking area that day and I could barely make it up that hill that day!!! But then again it looks like it is alittle more setup then it was 2 weeks ago. How is it compared to your nytro? Less power but more fun? Anyway keep giving us vids!!!!
Later Tyler

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
so the lag is not an issue in the trees? this is where i ride primarily and by looking at the video the lag looks terrible compared to the stocker.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Salmon Arm
If I owned that turbo sled I would make sure I had a hot dogger or a muffpot on it so I could at least grab a bite to eat while my turbo was spooling up. A lot of lag as I can see there. That boosted xp should of smoked the stock sled right from the jump. What happened?

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
If I owned that turbo sled I would make sure I had a hot dogger or a muffpot on it so I could at least grab a bite to eat while my turbo was spooling up. A lot of lag as I can see there. That boosted xp should of smoked the stock sled right from the jump. What happened?

The 2010 Vhok tm8 ive been riding is slow off the bottom, but not that slow. It looks like it spools about twice that fast. Its a pump gas set up. I still think a stock m8 will get it off the line though.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Ya the snow was setting up pretty good by the time we got back down there to film.
The Nytro is stupid fast. I am getting some over boost and that make things go wild on the mapping. I found that my gate valve was broken on my waste gate and hoping that will bring thinks back to normal.
The T-Doo is a blast to ride in the trees. With the less power it makes things a little more challenging again..
When do you think you may be back out west again?
and how was the rest of the weekend for ya?

That's good you are getting the tnytro figured out. What are you running for boost right now? The rest of our trip was awesome!!!! with all of that new snow over the weekend it made it insane on monday and tuesday of that week. There were only 2 other trailers at the parking lot!!!! Perfect!!! Except the trail was as rough as any of us have ever seen it:mad:We are planning on being down there on the 15-18th of feb and then we go up to the big horns for a couple days to ride with some friends up there. Do you think you might be down there around then? It would be awesome to ride with you or at least hang out and grab some :beer;'s Anyway nice video and get some up of the Nytro!!!!!!!

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
Seriously????

Keep a couple things in mind here, we were letting the stock sled take the jump (in other words leaving off of his throttle)so it may seem that the turbo is lagging but it is not. I am not sure if you have ridden any of the new 09 or 2010 M8,XP, or Dragon 800's but they flat rip off the bottom end!! If you think that any turboed 800 will smoke a stocker 800 off the bottom end you are kidding yourself!!!If you can keep your turboed sled at even a sled length to a well set up stocker from a dead stop you have done your homework.:beer;:beer;

Premium Features