• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Women's Input On Side Hilling

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R
Feb 19, 2009
So... This is also my second year riding. I found a couple awesome videos on YouTube posted by someone called SledShot. He has 60+ videos but if you scroll through there are ones for counter steering, sidehilling, cookies, etc. Really breaks it down nicely... I think, but then again I don’t really know myself.... :) Good Luck!!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
LMAO!! ok you got me! IF you think about it in THAT context it does sound bad (or good) depending on how you interpret it..:eek:...lol!! **shaking head** :p You guys! Is that ALL you EEEVER think about?? Geeesh!!

Hmmmmm...the last time I checked the website it said SNOWestonline...am I missing the Adult entertainment thread somewhere?? Oh wait!!!! I almost forgot this is Adult entertainment to a lot of boys on here!! :p

hey now girl..I wasnt thinking anything like that...;)..but I can....hey...cool...so is she single? and good looking?..lmao..just had to do it...:D..and really..I was just giving you a hard time...:D:beer;:beer;

R
Sep 3, 2008
boise idaho
Well this is my second year of riding and its the year to really buck up an go for it. But one thing that is still bugging me and seems that I cannot get under my belt is a good side hill. When I ask for input from my boyfriend he doesn't give me an answer because he just believe he just does it. With no effort sort of thing. So I ask our other riding buddy and he's the same way. Both are 6'5" so I'm starting to believe its a height thing. I am 5'8" and seem to keep struggling. With no women to ride with I have no one to actually watch. At this point when I try to start pulling it seems as though I'm going way to fast so I think it might be a trottle control issue. I am good with getting all my weight over as far as I can but still am nevous about throwing a leg out like I watch the boys do.

Really want some GOOD advice.
I want only women to respond no guys :), for I believe they aren't helping!

Thanks Much
Kilee :p
what about a 14 year old boy can he respond.

W
Dec 10, 2009
Alpine, WY
Good Advice

Thanks Ladies for all the good advice!! I too am a 2nd year rider and any advice that doesn't come from a guy is great!! Yes they have good advice if you can understand their language! My advice, is to find a gal or gals to ride with who are a little more experienced. I ride with my cousin, and she has helped me SO much this year. (I think the new sled helps too) My husband and I go to a lake bed near where we live, it is flat with a few smaller hills. I practice carving and the try side hilling on those hills. The hardest thing for me to remember is: THE THROTTLE IS MY FRIEND! :beer;:D CHEERS and have fun and be safe! ;)

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
I'll give this a shot...Stabilizer bar or sway bar. It keeps your L and R front suspension dependent on each other...balanced. Taking it off makes it more independent and 'sloppy'. You can sink one side without the other responding with resilience to keep it 'stabilized'...without it, it'll collapse easier. I wouldn't even consider having one now.

or...I found this...

"A snowmobile has a front pair of skis carried by a front suspension, including right- and left-hand telescopic strut assemblies. The front suspension includes a U-shaped stabilizer bar having an intermediate section arranged for being loaded in torsion and right- and left-hand leg sections respectively linked to swivelly and telescopically mounted strut tubes so that during right- and left-hand turns, the stabilizer bar respectively acts to resiliently resist collapse of the right- and left-hand telescopic strut assemblies."

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
Watch "Schooled" With Chris Burandt and Bret Rasmussen. It's a good one.:D

I agree, it's a simple thing they teach you really...but what a difference it can make! Once you get used to riding wrong foot forward and get your sled into the hill...no more fighting it! :D
I find on the easy sidehills, you don't need to do wrong foot technique, but it sure helps with the steeper and the times you have to maneouver around trees and stuff...:eek:

J

jtblaster

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 10, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I'll give this a shot...Stabilizer bar or sway bar. It keeps your L and R front suspension dependent on each other...balanced. Taking it off makes it more independent and 'sloppy'. You can sink one side without the other responding with resilience to keep it 'stabilized'...without it, it'll collapse easier. I wouldn't even consider having one now."

Are there any cons to taking off the sway bar in regards to boondocking? does it make it harder or funner...

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
Looks like you ride a doo too! I have absolutely nothing negative to say about taking off my sway bar. Had it on the first year, might be a bit dartier on the trail. But for boondocking, I find it easier and 'funner' :D
There's another woman that rides with me sometimes, she has hers off too and even though she's not an aggressive rider, it makes it easier for her too.

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
Yup, very easy if you just cut it and take it out...not as easy if you try to 'salvage' it...and don't even bother! It won't go back in and you'll never want to see it again. It doesn't make such a dramatic difference that it'll screw up your riding, it'll just make some things easier.

Hubby used a grinder on mine. Cut it and it should slip out through the other side. There's some bolt/bracket things holding it, remove them too. Just make sure ya got the sway bar before you start grinding :eek: JK.

J

jtblaster

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 10, 2009
Anchorage, AK
AWSOME! Thanks! :beer;

I will drink beer and watch the boyfriend do it lol..
It will probably end up the other way around though :eek::D

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
AWSOME! Thanks! :beer;

I will drink beer and watch the boyfriend do it lol..
It will probably end up the other way around though :eek::D

LMAO! Make sure he brings YOU a beer or two after you show him what's up. :D
My Doo has never had a sway bar, I don't know what it would be like with one.

Premium Features