• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

93 550 efi not running

V
Dec 7, 2007
Froid,Montana
i was riding it last winter and all of a sudden it just quit. i was able to start it up, but it would barely run, and then eventually quit. i let it sit for about 2 weeks, i went to start it again and it fired right up. it ran fine, until i went to take off, and it died. now i am wondering if it could be the stator. or maybe something else, like a loose wire or something. so i am wondering if anybody has any specs on what the stator should read out at if i test it with an ohms meter. any help would be appreciated

thanks

B
Dec 5, 2007
I looked up a pic of it and it shows 2 coils in the pic (Pic may be wrong). Most 2 coil cat stators are 450 ohms (for the big one) and either 20,25 or 45 ohms for the small one. I'm not sure what yours is supposed to be.

Z

zrt1000

Nov 28, 2007
Heber, Utah
sounds like the stator but,

check the spark plug wires also. 93 had the hood cables cut through the wires sled runs fine on jack stand with hood up close hood drops cylinder also some times the end of the wires get burnt, unscrew the caps cut off a 1/4" then reinstall.

Premium Features