• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1M belly pan and hood on zrt?

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
I cant remember for sure but I think I had seen this done. If I remember correct the old forums had info on this. Was thinking of picking up an old ZRT800 and modding it out. Had a 95 back in the day. I am pretty sure I had seen modded T-cats with the the 1M tub and afetrmarket 1M style hood.
Let's here it cat gurus.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
If you have a '99 or newer T-cat/ZRT, the chassis is the same as the ZR3, and the plastic will interchange. I'm sure with enough dedication, you could put it on the older chassis as well, but it wouldn't be a simple bolt on.

I know a couple outfits (JAWS comes to mind) made pipes to put the 1000 triple motor in the ZR3 plastic.

Here's the opposite of what you're looking for :), we put a big triple in a King Cat chassis and couldn't fit the pipes under the hood, so we put T-cat plastic on it...

IMG_0808.jpg

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Ok, good info. Do you remember if the pipes fit in the 1m bellypan? I figured they wouldnt fit under a stock 1m hood but what about an aftermarket taller hood for more clearance? How much more did that King Cat weigh in the end with the triple vs the twin engine?

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
We never had a T-cat motor in the twin plastic, so I'm not sure if just a taller hood would help. I would be surprised if that's all it took. The ZRT2 style is a couple inches longer in the front, and a bit wider also. Like I said though, there are a couple places that build pipes for that chassis.

The triple in ours is actually made from two 900 twins cut/welded together, so it's a bit bigger than a T-cat/ZRT engine. It probably weighs ~30 lbs or so more than a stock King Cat. We didn't measure it, didn't want to know. But the power more than makes up for it. It feels lighter than our T-cats ever did.

Premium Features