• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

my lifted summit chassis!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
K guys Wildcard asked me to make this thread!!

here are a few pics of the brackets, and other things we needed to do to make it work!!

Ok first pic is how long the rear bracket is!!(from the running board the the bottom)
attachment.php

lift kit! 001.jpg

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
ok if you have enough track go as low as you can in the front!! But keep in mind that you have to move it back!!
I think i moved 2 inches back and then 3 inches down!!

Bad pic but i pointed out the stock holes!!

lift kit! 002.JPG

Last edited:
T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Now as to the front, i built these!!
But you can live with out them!
i have 15" shocks in the front of my sled! But if you do it then do the back end first!! this way you can just built the front end up as much as you need!
We did the same thing to a 96 500 summit and we used the stock shock!!:D

lift kit! 003.jpg

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
ok we did have to do a little moding under the hood to!
That was why we built the bracket's on the trailing arms!! When we lifted it up so high,the steering arms hit the bottom of the balk head!!:eek:

lift kit! 004.jpg lift kit! 005.jpg

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
ok we did have to do a little moding under the hood to!
That was why we built the bracket's on the trailing arms!! When we lifted it up so high,the steering arms hit the bottom of the balk head!!:eek:

Could it been possible if a person mounted the tierods under the steering mechanism? rather than on top like they are originaly in pic, Did you try that?

Wildcard28

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
It was all just experimental to see how high would could get it and still be a great ride able sled!!
My skies are set up to 44'' outside to outside!!

lift kit! 011.jpg

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Could it been possible if a person mounted the tierods under the steering mechanism? rather than on top like they are originaly in pic, Did you try that?

Wildcard28

Yeah we tryed that@!! And we still couldn't make it work!! But hey it's worth a try on a different sled!!!

Justin:D

O
Oct 12, 2008
Are planning on doing a drop & roll in the future?..

Everything looks like it'd work great , but the aproach angle looks very harsh...maybe it's just the pics tho?

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Hmmm, good question. Snow clearance? More floating and less plowing?

Well it is not that high!! If you guys would ride it you would be very happy! Plus i had to go up about 3/4s of an inch because of the new skid!!:mad::D
So iam going to put a set of 14 1/2 inch shocks in the front!!(it has 15'' right now)
Wildcard28!! I need a little support!!:D:D

Jusitn

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Well it is not that high!! If you guys would ride it you would be very happy! Plus i had to go up about 3/4s of an inch because of the new skid!!:mad::D
So iam going to put a set of 14 1/2 inch shocks in the front!!(it has 15'' right now)
Wildcard28!! I need a little support!!:D:D

Jusitn

I Don`t think anyone is teamin on ya but the higher center of gravity sounds like it would be cool everyone seems to talk about not being able to get the sled to lay over, so if you were to raise the seld a few inchs and do nothin else I would imagine that would make the sled layover much easier, along with no swaybar, taller bar risers, etc. should make it throw around easier, the 2 biggest improvement to my sled was , the bars and bye bye swaybar.

Revs and XP chassis seem way tall when setting on them , never ridin one but thats what everyone seems to like.

Not getting off topic but , You read alot of people say after riding a rev or newer rider forward sled, they would never want to ride a set down sled again, Well what if that sled Has the same seat height and The bars are same heigth or taller and no swaybar either , then how would they compare it now. along with all the other mods we do to our sleds. Not quite a skidoo rider forward desigh but how do our sleds compare now? especially when alot of our older sled have more power than a stock new one.

Wildcard28,

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
As far as making the sled lay over on its side easier the problem you have is the more you raise the front end the wider the ski stance becomes which kinda defeats the purpose of making it easier to pull over on its side or side hill. The 97 Summit or any s-2000 summit was the easiest sled to side hill or pull over to begin with. In the day the magazines would rip on Skidoo for having too tippy of a sled which was fine except for riding trails which they were not designed for. I think the biggest improvements you could make to this sled were to drop and roll the chaincase and put longer tracks on them. This helped dramatically with plowing through the snow and used more of the power. I had one for years with a stock 98X motor, well clutched, and with a 151 track and it kept up with all the new iron quite well. The only reason I sold it was I got an awsome deal on a Mach Z tripple Summit and it was easy reliable big horsepower. Good luck on your projects, I still like seeing the modded S-2000 sleds out there surprizing people with the new iron.

Premium Features