• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Impulse Turbo Kit

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
If you go to the "turbo" section here you will find all the answers you are looking for. Quite a few threads going on right now. Impulse nytro kit is the best on the market imo, standalone, midmount, pump gas up to 17 psi, can't go wrong.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that it is only available with a tunnel dump exhaust. That is what kept me from one last year (plus a little more disturbance of factory sled). Maybe you can run a muffler of some type, but have not seen it. Otherwise to me it looks like a great system.

have been happy with my decision to go another way so far.

M
Mar 29, 2008
There is a bit more to modify but with all due reason. Installed one on my sled and has been flawless!! As far as no muffler is loud on the trailer and in the shop but on the snow its not bad at all. Paul is a great guy to deal with as well. If you have problems with his stuff he makes it right.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Paul has the best customer service I have encountered. That is the reason I use his products every year. I need something he is there. I'm stuck on a mountain in Revy, Paul answered his phone and got me off the mountain.

As for the product there are no comparisons out there. Paul's kits have virtually no lag to them. The install is easy. The parts and materials are top notch. What sets Paul apart in my opinion is his R&D. He is the first to come out with a standalone fuel managment system for the t-nytro. A 300 hp sled at $3.00 a gallon, with no second guessing if the throttle will be there, no gauges to monitor besides your boost gauge, perfect fuel delivery for your sled that helps protect your motor and altitude compensation for the fuel. That is unreal.

Call Paul and talk to him for a few minutes, you will know what kit to go with.

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
the stock seat is the biggest problem with the impulse kit and that can be easily fixed. The tunnel dump is a bonus IMO . Just look at the other threads on here with guys adding tunnel dump to there kits ;) . Also its the only kit that has a 10 gallon plus gas tank!

D
Nov 26, 2007
If you want the very best go with Paul at Impulse. I have never met anyone more willing to help out or who is better liked by their custumers. Once I needed a blow off valve in a hurry, Paul got if for me. And I don't even have one of his kits! After seeing the quality he provides for the money he charges I would look no further. His kits are the RAGE!

The only reason my next sled will be a nytro is so I can buy one of his kits..DB

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
and I can help you out there. I build a custom seat for the Impulse Kit.

the stock seat is the biggest problem with the impulse kit and that can be easily fixed. The tunnel dump is a bonus IMO . Just look at the other threads on here with guys adding tunnel dump to there kits ;) . Also its the only kit that has a 10 gallon plus gas tank!

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Just like everybody else here says. Yup Paul has the best set up!
I have ridden or ridden with.. Alpine kit and the Boondocker kits.
I do believe that the Impulse has the best quality parts and welds (header) in the market. And a bomb proof mounting system!!
Get a Motleyone seat and your done!

Motleyone do you have enough snow yet to try out the stand alone???

cheers:beer;

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Im hopin to hit Helana Mt this weekend to try it out. Ill let you know, with pics of course.

You cover should be there Tuesday.

Cheers!:beer;

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
I have a pic of my latest seat with custom embroidery. I will submit a post later tonight when I get home. There are other pics on here if you seach my posts.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Found the pics, seat looks really nice. Does it have to have the bump up in it? Im kind of height challenged (5'-7") with a short inseam (29").
Thanks!

He can make what ever you like, I have had 2 seats from him on that was flat top and now on just like what he has the pictures of. I like the taller one better. I am 5'8". Easier to stand up from..

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
The only "con" to the system that I can think of is that once you have installed Paul's sytem, you are going to have to pick new riding buddies cause you will be laying waste to all the other kits!;) Just make sure your buddies by an Impulse kit too!:D

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
i'll just add my support for Paul.

i have one of his sleds.
his support has been great for troubleshooting anything that arises, and for general turbo/4 stroke information.
i'm quite impressed, i have never had such great CS. and after experiencing it, its more important than I thought, expecially for something like a turbo kit/setup.

reguarding the seat...yeah, it can make for a sore butt if not careful...the solution: STAND. once i got my bars UP and easily accessible for standing (~6'2"), its been non issue for my riding style.

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
The few I've seen were all runners...another pro is there's a guy in anchorage who's done quite a few installs and knows how to tune them to run, tall fellar, you might know him.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Alright sean, if thats not enough testimonies i dont know what is.

Lets get that thing turbo'ed! You'll love it when im done with it, i promise!

Premium Features