• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

removing oil injection from ext 580

E

extremsledder

Nov 26, 2007
quesnel b.c.
so my question is that i have a 1994 ext 580 and iam going to remove the oil injection because the oil pump packed it in, the thing is that there is a oil line going from the pump to the bottom of the cases the lubes the shaft that runs the water pump and oiler, and iam wondering what can be done to keep this oiled after removing the pump?
thanks

racingpit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2002
Sheridan, WY
www.hoseplugs.com
I made a plate that covered the hole. I also threaded a nipple into the plate, and attached a hose that goes up through the carburetors. I use a syringe to fill the hose with oil before every ride. I use a hose plug to plug the hose at the top to keep water from getting into the line.

S

Shelfrost

Nov 28, 2007
Chetwynd, BC, Canada
I used another coolant bottle set up right beside the original one, fed the bottom end. Paint the cap black so you don't mix em up. Plugged off the lines to the jugs, and on the jugs you can solder the intakes closed or just use a chunk of tubing to connect the two cylinders. Usually good for 3 to 4 rides.

Premium Features