• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Good and Bad

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
O
Aug 17, 2009
Every sled will have issues....the most common issue with skidoo in deep snow mountain riding happens to be the TRA clutch. Some years are better some years are worse......Since the XP is mass produced it gets a "high grade" for doing alot of things well.

OT

L

ledoo

Dec 8, 2007
I can only get about 400K out of a belt :mad:

i don't know if this is for u or not but there's a fella selling secondary clutch mods on dootalk ... converts existing into floating secondary. doodocter i believe.

personally didn't have belt issues did have issues with thermostat and overheating tho, and handwarmers and plug wires love the sled tho

C
Oct 3, 2008
Bend Oregon
holly crap, I am trying to decide between an 08 m8 (ugly but reliable) and an 08 xp (sick looking and not reliable) and I read this forum. If I made a list of everything that any of you had go wrong it would be over two pages of bulleted text. That said, I still freaking want one. Does anyone work with Pro Caliber in Bend Oregon? That would be the dealer and I have heard mixed reviews.

Thanks

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
i have got over 1500 miles on mine and havent blew a belt with the stock clutching before brew got a hold of it,the hand warmers were the only thing to crap out on me causeing bad codes popping up on the inst panel due to the short,other wise lynnwood motor sports took care of me on the recalls,made an appt showed up first thing in the morning and paul (i think)cant remember its been so long since i had my sled at the dealer to work on my sled ,first in first out,you dont want a polaris dragon at all because the engine has been recalled ,the machinist were trying to keep up w/doo on the hp and bult them loose,to much piston to cyl wall clearance,rods like to stretch and hit the head,shocks dont hold a charge and the en--------dealers tecks cant fix them,but you know normal chit with all of them,cats get reflashed ,recalls,rear boogy wheel bearings,under powered and over weight in 08 ..02 good luck

Premium Features