• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Storage

Wgold

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2011
Tioga, ND
Wondering if anyone has taken Skidoo's Linq system fuel caddy and installed it on an Axys? Is it possible, will it fit?

Anyone have some other ways of carrying fuel onboard other than the Mountain Addiction setup?

Let's see some photo's.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
Wondering if anyone has taken Skidoo's Linq system fuel caddy and installed it on an Axys? Is it possible, will it fit?

Anyone have some other ways of carrying fuel onboard other than the Mountain Addiction setup?

Let's see some photo's.

Polaris actually sells a fuel holder that mounts on the tunnel. It's adjustable for any 1 or 2 gal gas can that you can get at your local hardware store. I don't have one on my 850, had one on my 800 until it took a bad spill down a mountain. Wasn't great but up until that point it worked good. Don't know if they have changed them but it wasn't a quick release like the tunnel bags and other factory accessories have now

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
We use Mountain Addiction. So far everything has worked great. Only advice with them is to get 2 smaller tanks vs the 1 larger. I have heard the larger one warps and doesn't fit as well after that happens.

picture.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190102_095345.jpg
    IMG_20190102_095345.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
K
Apr 11, 2010
AK
I just spent way more time than I should have researching this question the last couple weeks. Reading past forum threads, websites, Facebook etc.

I thought the OEM rack system was pretty lame but the plus side is the gas tanks are common cheap tanks and not proprietary like BRP and Mountain Addiction. It uses spring tension of aluminum fingers and a strap for tank retention.

Mountain Addiction setup looks pretty good but I found quite a few forum posts about guys who were losing tanks due to warping of the tanks or the rails distorting. Its just a dual dovetail system. Either guys were losing tanks or having to beat them off of the rails. To be fair there was a lot of positive feedback too. I Looked at the gas cans in person recently at a Cat dealer and they are heavy duty rotationally molded deals. $85 for the 3.3 gallon tanks and about $65 for the rails. Was going to buy a tank and try it out but of course the Cat dealer did not have Polaris T slot rails and hardware. Currently MA is OUT of stock on Polaris rails.

BRP Linq system seems to have a strong following but of course is designed for Doo Tunnels. The two BRP tank options are $130 for a 2.9 gallon and $180 for the 3.9 gallon. The 2.9 gallon tank looks like it was designed by Romulans on Star Trek and is ugly as hell with sharp angles and ridges to match Doo tail bags and seats. The big 3.9 Gallon looks much better but is freaking huge and way too expensive IMHO. But after looking at both in person they are well built. These tanks also overhang the tunnel sides by about 1.5" on each side on the narrower Polaris tunnels. As mentioned above Whiteout technologies makes adapters that allow you to mount the BRP locking plates on our tunnels without modification. Check their Facebook page for pics of BRP Linq stuff mounted on Polaris tunnels. Also Up North Technologies also makes an adapter that locks both sides together with a plate in both single and double configs. It is both heavier and more expensive than the Whiteout adapta-links.
http://upnorthtechnologies.com/shop...dapter-bracket-for-arctic-cat-polaris-yamaha/

In the end I ordered the Whiteout Tech Adpata-Links and bought the 2.9 gallon BRP Romulan tank and will give it a try when the Whiteout plates arrive. I hope installing Doo tanks on Poo won't result in being banished by the faithful.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Rotopax makes a plate that mounts easily on Poo. You have options as far as size/capacity goes. Option to lock. Around $200 for a basic set up. I like mine. Low profile. Not gonna go anywhere.

I’ll try to get pics tomorrow.

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
X2 on Rotopax.

Rotopax makes a plate that mounts easily on Poo. You have options as far as size/capacity goes. Option to lock. Around $200 for a basic set up. I like mine. Low profile. Not gonna go anywhere.

I’ll try to get pics tomorrow.

C
Apr 23, 2018
Nova Scotia
I bought a pair of the link adaptors from Canada sled parts, but many make similar brackets. Assault 144, no problem to fit the old doo fuel caddy and the new style doo bag.

Good thing about the new bag is it does not say ski doo on it, only LINK. They realize other sleds are using their accessories and seem to be removing the badging.

Can still open under seat bag with this spacing

They stay put, after the last few trips some stretches have been pretty rough.

OpF8MJZl.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Ive run my mtn addiction setup on my last 3 axy's.

They work awesome. Keep them tucked up tight to the seat though as its a lot of weight bouncing around on your tunnel. the 1.3 and tunnel bag is a slick combo as well if your not someone that gets into your spare gas often.

The 3.3 is awesome for mid winter. When the snow is deep, ride in the trail into main riding zone, top off quick, drop can (with around 2 gallons left) then ride like crazy knowing you have more then enough to get you home stashed and a full tank to play on.

Premium Features