• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chaincase swap on a 13 pro rmk

C
Feb 19, 2019
Just wondering if it were possible to remove the belt drive system and go with the chaincase. Due to the inability to tune the gearing/ratio for what I want the belt doesn’t work for me. And here in Canada $850+ For a new kit to work with the belt drive just isn’t in the cards at all.

Cheers

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Just wondering if it were possible to remove the belt drive system and go with the chaincase. Due to the inability to tune the gearing/ratio for what I want the belt doesn’t work for me. And here in Canada $850+ For a new kit to work with the belt drive just isn’t in the cards at all.

Cheers

yes it is, but you'll need all of the following components from a chaincase equipped Pro-RMK/RMK sled:
Jackshaft
Chaincase/chassis structure
drive shaft (QD drive shaft not compatible with chaincase)
brake caliper & rotor
chaincase cover & seal
chaincase bearings and all seals....
and bunch of other various parts to make it work.

The driveshaft alone will around $500-$600USD. So your spending that $850 Canadian either way you go.

Unless you can find used parts or buy a sled being parted out, new OEM parts to convert it or find an aftermarket belt drive system, such as TKI or who ever is putting out what use to be C3 belt drive kits.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Cheers

Keep the stock quick drive and go with 7 tooth avid drivers if you want to gear down. Much cheaper and makes for a perfect mountain ratio. Also gets rid of the crappy stock drivers that love to ice up and cause the track to ratchet and destroy itself.

Premium Features