• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro rmk pullies and clutching changes

I
Nov 26, 2007
Did anyone who installed the pro rmk quick drive pullies on an axys to gear down make changes to the clutching after? I’m curious if there was a noticeable change to peak rpm or shift characteristics.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Did anyone who installed the pro rmk quick drive pullies on an axys to gear down make changes to the clutching after? I’m curious if there was a noticeable change to peak rpm or shift characteristics.

No change in clutching

Characteristics noticed.

Picks the ski’s easier for creek crossings.
Reduces rpm wandering under heavy load.
Reduces burning belt smell on the slow johnson pass tree twisters.

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
No change in clutching.

I had a chance to try out the pro gears on my AXYS this weekend. Like everyone is saying, this is a great mod. for mountain riding. The sled seems to be much more responsive. Love it!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
So this is just using the gears from a Pre-Axys pro and your stock Axys QD belt?

Correct. Check ebay if you dont have a set. Search gears, sprockets, pulleys ..... they list them several ways.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yes and no. Will you be able to go 80-90 mph, no. But track speed in deep wont be less.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nailed what I should have probably said.........

Think about a vehicle that downshifts for a hill to keep speed. If you left it in a higher gear, you lose speed as you gain resistance.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Don't just check ebay (although it will give you a general idea of the prices things are going for), check the swapmeet section of the forum. For example I have a set of Pro gears for sale and I will negotiate, and no ebay fees either way. :)

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
Anyone notice better RPM after installing the Pro pulleys? Seems like the gear down would help a bit anyway.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Has anyone done this on the 850 yet?
Results?

<div>I'm curios as well. Will the 13-15 gears even work on the 850?</div><div>I've heard yes and no</div><div>Is the Kurts kit worth the extra coin?</div>

Premium Features