• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hood Screens

C
Feb 10, 2019
Saskatchewan
Does anyone worry about having no hood screens? Just came off a Doo and the BRP screen kit was a must or the engine compartment was full of trees, grass etc.
Just picked up a leftover 2018 SKS 155. All i can find for screens is the Frogskin ones and they just stick on.
Anyone using anything else?
Thanks.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I have been using the the Frogskinz for 1500 miles. They do the trick. The screens for the vents just under the headlights don't fit that great and are a PITA to put on though.

Im not a aware if there are other options.

C
Feb 10, 2019
Saskatchewan
Installed the frogskin screens. Agreed, the ones under the headlights kind of suck.
Thats a fair amount of venting on the hood. Very surprised polaris hasnt come out with a clip in style like the BRP has.

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
I've seen a few sleds with them, never heard of issues like melting. Keeping water out / off the electronics would be handy...

C
Feb 10, 2019
Saskatchewan
Fyi i’ve see Melted hoods from frogskinz over the vents.

Almost zero heat escapes.

Well f@ck. Sure hope is doesnt happen lol. They sure will help keeping the cat tails out.
I mainly wanted them because i put the underhood goggle bag in. If theres snow coming through those vents, your goggles are going to get soaked.

Premium Features