• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Tether Switch Kit

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Funny 4 out of 4 Polaris ones I have used all have cutout issues.
All within a couple days of install.

(I did the added screw, delete washer business to make sure the plunger was depressed)
No change.

After that they always get disconnected.

See why they failed. Should never need to add a screw. Mine have all worked flawless with out adding a screw. I do delete the washer though.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
See why they failed. Should never need to add a screw. Mine have all worked flawless with out adding a screw. I do delete the washer though.

I completely agree, you shouldn't need to add a screw. But I've had to on two different sleds..... That's why they suck imo Maybe it's not the tether but the cap that is inconsistent. Also they are not always the easiest to put back on with heavy gloves on either. They are still hands down a much better and safer alternative than having nothing. But there are better options out there

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Shouldn't have to tamper or modify them. I just mounted min above the knee area with no washer and the plunger sticks out like it would normally stick out when not mounted. Out of the 6 we did none have ever cut out.

I just put mine on my 15 Pro tonight <snip> I did put the washer in behind it, that will be coming out (THANKS for that tip!). <snip> Should I put a screw in the cap like some here say? Not sure I have one that small and don't want to ruin my cap.

Okay, I took the washer out, and with the washer out the top piece would not tighten down. Just pivoted around. Maybe the location I chose on the cowl to the right of the switches is thinner plastic, I don't know. So I put the washer back in. Tested (in the shop), sled starts fine, pulling tether and it stops as expected. Since it is a rubber cover over the shutoff button, maybe this is a newer design? Proof will be in the pudding once I get out to ride.

Anyone have a part number for that Cat magnetic tether? Curious what it looks like and how it hooks up.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Okay, I took the washer out, and with the washer out the top piece would not tighten down. Just pivoted around. Maybe the location I chose on the cowl to the right of the switches is thinner plastic, I don't know. So I put the washer back in. Tested (in the shop), sled starts fine, pulling tether and it stops as expected. Since it is a rubber cover over the shutoff button, maybe this is a newer design? Proof will be in the pudding once I get out to ride.

Anyone have a part number for that Cat magnetic tether? Curious what it looks like and how it hooks up.

Sounds like your in a thin area so washer would be needed. Where mine is mounted I had to cut the the foam out from behind the plastic so maybe there is some glue thickness there. I had to not use the washer on mine.

Premium Features