• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

which head par or rktek

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
i'm running a pcv with stage 4 mapping 20% race fuel would like to get rid of the race fuel, problem only happens on wot climbs[/

That map is too lean on top you need more fuel for our elevation, sounds crazy but these sleds lean out even more at higher elevations the computer seams to over compensate up high I ran afr gauge all season they lean out up high and richen back up when I drop off to the truck

R
Dec 24, 2008
rkt kits

I personally ran the drop in on my 12 for 1230 miles last season. 5-8000ft with 13.5-1 domes. stock exhaust. I rode the crap out of that thing and never went into det once. 91 octane with no additives. 64 gram 10 series weights and pulled 8250-8350 and no fade. noticeable seat of the pants increase in performance. 2.5 163 challenger track. installed approx. 6-7 other kits into friends sleds also. everyone likes these components. all 11 and 12 my. one dude never clutched up and was running 60g weights and was hitting the rev limit. then it would go into limp. fixed that and no probs since. I tore down my engine for inspection this spring and I was impressed with how well things looked. (no cracked cyl skirts) my 11 and 12 both cracked skirts in less that a 1000 miles. stupid junk stock pistons. now kels is doin' me up a BB. fun factor goes up again. I am going to do up a some 13's this season, just need the boondocker controller. the 11-12's we did not put controllers on any units.

Last edited:
G
Oct 23, 2011
sask. canada
I would put a drop in kit but i still have a year warranty left. Im hoping that the 2015 comes with some more power then ill just upgrade but don't want to spend money on a drop in when i still got warranty. I got 1800 miles so im kinda thinking its going to grenade this season. Thanks for all the input i think i might just play around with some clutching to many mixed reviews on just doing a head without the drop in kit.

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
i'm running a pcv with stage 4 mapping 20% race fuel would like to get rid of the race fuel, problem only happens on wot climbs[/

That map is too lean on top you need more fuel for our elevation, sounds crazy but these sleds lean out even more at higher elevations the computer seams to over compensate up high I ran afr gauge all season they lean out up high and richen back up when I drop off to the truck
I've seen similar over-compensation with temperature as well. Higher temps seem to push the motor toward lean.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I've seen similar over-compensation with temperature as well. Higher temps seem to push the motor toward lean.

There is a good chance that's true. we had a thread last season on this topic a lot of guys were seeing power loss at 130 deg and up I installed the (doo stat) which held the temps down to 109-116 on hard pulls worked great

Premium Features