• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

plug wires /caps

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
While going over things on my sled last night I found that my plug wires are very worn nearly through the insulator in a couple spots and need to be replaced. Who has done this and what is the procedure. I didn't want to just start jerking on the wires before I gained a bit of insight.

what wires ? Stock ,SLP

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
While going over things on my sled last night I found that my plug wires are very worn nearly through the insulator in a couple spots and need to be replaced. Who has done this and what is the procedure. I didn't want to just start jerking on the wires before I gained a bit of insight.

what wires ? Stock ,SLP

I've had fantastic results with SLP plug caps (less fouling, crisper response, caps stay put) but haven't tried their wires. I would call them first to get their input as resistance ratings really come into play with today's ECM controlled sleds.

Have FUN!

G MAN

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
The wires unscrew out of the coils in a counter clockwise direction.

that's pretty much what I needed !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've had fantastic results with SLP plug caps (less fouling, crisper response, caps stay put) but haven't tried their wires. I would call them first to get their input as resistance ratings really come into play with today's ECM controlled sleds.

Have FUN!

G MAN

SLP has a kit for 800 CFI 11-13 .I will call and see what they have to say

Premium Features