• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Making rsi burandt bars work on my 2011 STD

T

theletup

Jan 3, 2011
Coeur d'Alene, ID
After bending my stock bars last year I ordered a set of RSI Burandt bars. I realized once I had them on my sled I was going to have to do quite a bit of modification to make all of my controls fit. They have a much wider bend point than the std. polaris bars. Originally I ordered the fast trax 4 switch console and was going to have to rewire all of my controls. I also ordered a wilwood brake master cylinder expecting to get a split mount design. It showed up yesterday and the mount was wrong. I was looking forward to riding this weekend so I decided to do my own modifications. Here is what I came up with:

I mounted the brake master cylinder and filed down the inside of the throttle block to slide over far enough on the bars. After getting that how I wanted it I had to figure out a way to make my switches work. I used a piece of aluminum sheet metal and made a 90 degree bracket to mount it on my steering post/riser mount. I also installed a pro tether killswitch and removed the original stock Polaris killswitch (the cover is not screwed back on yet in the picture so it's ugly). Then I installed some airframes.

I just figured I would post this up to give some ideas of some good old redneck inginuity. I hated have all those switches in my way.

I think it's time to ride!

Not sure why all the pics are upside down. Made the post from my phone. Sorry.

20121201_080622.jpg 20121201_080650.jpg 20121201_080638.jpg 20121201_081047.jpg 20121201_080958.jpg 20121201_081007.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features