• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 Syncrodrive review on M1100T

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Finally got out to ride over the last few days. Sled is NOT stock, it is equipped with a Evolution Powersports BC250 kit, Team Tied, OVS jack & motor support, Turbie mounts, 3" track & Avid 7 tooth drivers and a few other odds & ends. The weak point has been the chaincase (for me).
Back to topic: Installation was simple & straightforward - a capable tech can have it installed in a couple hours.
Performance: noticeable increase in throttle response and a lighter overall feel to the sled, which I'm sure has to to do with the elimination of some rotating mass. Belt withstood a few throttle on landings in snow that provided very good traction (shock loading). Losing reverse wasn't really an inconvienence to me...
I would do it again, I felt the peace of mind in the backcountry alone was worth the price of admission, and the throttle response was a bonus (the sled spools up quicker). A quality product IMHO.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Re: gearing

That's a pretty slick ride you got there now buddy! Glad it's all working for you. What did you end up with for gearing with the 7t in there now?

Gene, I have a 2.42:1 ratio in it currently. With the Avid 7 tooth drivers (thx again) - I think it can pull the stock ratio of 2.33:1, so will be installing a 27 tooth top sprocket. The slight reduction by going to the 7 tooth drivers is very noticeable, and now I feel that the finish angle on the team tied is a good match for the sled - no idea of trackspeed as I didn't have time to look down, runs out of hill way too quickly...
Thanks again for your help, I decided to keep the OSP motor mounts in conjuction with the turbie tunnel mounts - very little vibration, and NOTHING is moving now. I did shave about 1/4" from the TCL & jackshaft support to maintain clearance for the Tied seconday.

Premium Features