• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Noticed antifreeze leak

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Hi guys just trailered the sled a few miles and I noticed antifreeze on the floor of the trailer any ideas of where to start looking. It has done this once before but it will never leave a puddle in my heated garage 2013 m1100 t thanx

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I know exactly where to start looking

Take out your muffler. Look at all the hose clamps on thaqt side.

There is one right behind the front bare aluminum strut that is hard to tighten (It is right behind the strut). That is one that was very loose from the factory. You will see what I mean when you get in there.

the rest of the clamps need to be tightened as well, but especially the one mentioned above.

Be careful to take off the muffler gasket.
Treat it very gently. Scrape it off with a putty knife very slowly and be careful not to rip it.

I would bet a lot of money that one of those hose clamps are loose......

1sleeper

Jan 3, 2008
Syracuse, NY
Coolant tanks leaked on the 12's where they are seamed, hopefully fixed on 13. Also, the heat exchanger has a tab for engine mounting that cracks and leaks. Hopefully just a hose clamp.

K
Jul 25, 2012
I had the same problem after about 60 miles. I thought it was just coming out of the overflow. Turns out that there is a line that runs right along the belly pan right in front of the primary clutch. The plastic edge of the belly pan is sharp as a knife running right along side the hose. The plastic cut a slit in my coolant line. I ended up having to tow my sled out of my third ride because the leak just kept getting worse.

M
Feb 27, 2010
i have had to replace a couple of coolant res for leaking. if u have a coolant leakdown tester then it shouldn't be hard to find.

Premium Features