• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with mds weights

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Few things, get a hold of a new belt not a cat stocker though. I just got a chance to try a Gates Gforce for the turbo and it measures the same length but is about 1.401 wide unlike the stock 1.38. Is your belt glazed looking, both my 082s are good but are glazed. I put the gates on last nite here in Mich. (low elevation) and the belt temps. dropped over 25F from the stock and it grabbed alot better than any of the 2 stockers ever did.

As for shimming the spider. This has been going on with this motor since its inception in the Z1's. It's the same primary so logic follows. Shimming allows for better belt bite and also lets you use wider and longer belts. Flatlanders shim these things about 2 to 1 so check out the flatlander site lots of info over there (HCS).

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
The guy I got the exhaust from said I should try taking out tip weight what do u guys think of that

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You will get the most pull out of the MDS, you just need them to hook up. So I say fix the problem not turn it down or do something for less performance, thats straight up dumb IMO.

Did you do what i said with removing the spring, and reinstalling the cover and see if it binds anywhere. If it really has the power to over rev then you should have crazy track speed, if not then its just slipping the belt, which would be a cause of clutch bind or bad belt.

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
so did a few things this morning and the clutch is not binding at all smooth as can be so i tried taking out almost all the tip weight and now it was over reving hitting rev limiter but it was for sure not doing the same thing as it was with all the weight in. it would just pop a little bit but keep on pulling so i added all the weight again and now it dont look like its getting to 8300 but its a lot easier to get it to limmit so i thik its a boost limmiter. not sure if its possible to find a happy medium i also think this is only going to be a low elevation problem i hope anyway

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
weights

Have you MDS C-1 weights or have you turbo weights?
Because the regular C-1 are pretty flat on the tip, and the turbo weight have little more radius on the tip that makes the weight push harder at the end. Anyway first I would try is a spring with lower finish rate. Too bad I have no experience with these weights on a 1100T but we have used them on many other sleds. One spring that seems to work on most sleds with MDS are ac purple 121/240.

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
I think that spring is way too soft unless you remove alot of weight. I used the a/c purple which is 121-240. This works but the start rate is too high so I'm going to use the polaris gold. 100-260 I think. I still think you need a different helix to prevent it from over revving when you pin it. I'm using a 36/42 helix and I no longer hit limiter when I pin it.

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
So just to get this right a stock 42/40 shifts slower or faster then a 36/42

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
If you reshim spider, engagement will drop alot then you can use purple and have engagement about 3700.

Skickat från min LT15i via Tapatalk 2

Premium Features