• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

// Holz Alpha X update

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
Retail on our AlphaX has been slashed for 2500 down to $2000
The Fox EvolX and Float shocks now feature the Gen2 updates.

Often imitated never duplicated- The AlphaX is THE suspension of choice for boondocking/mountain riding.
Unmatched traction, transfer and floatation. Nearly infinite adjustability.
Weight loss of up to 13 pounds depending on your application.

Fitment available for:
08-Current Ski-Doo Summit XP 800 146, 154, 163.
06-10 Polaris IQ/RMK/Dragon/Assault 146, 155, 163.

http://www.holzracingproducts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_30&products_id=774

http://www.holzracingproducts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_47&products_id=779

09_Polaris_Skid2.jpg

W
Jan 29, 2010
NH
Hi

I have been looking at your ALPHA-X skid . I would like to put it in a 2011 switchback assault. (a 144 track). I know that i need to relocate the rear hanger to 30.125 distance form the front, but will this skid work / adjust down to the 144" track?. If not can I move the front mount location forward to use the existing track?

thanks for any info:face-icon-small-ton

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I was contemplating putting one of these on my ride...still seems like alot of cash but glad to see the discount. Do you really feel the "seat of the pants" difference with this skid?

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
Hi

I have been looking at your ALPHA-X skid . I would like to put it in a 2011 switchback assault. (a 144 track). I know that i need to relocate the rear hanger to 30.125 distance form the front, but will this skid work / adjust down to the 144" track?. If not can I move the front mount location forward to use the existing track?

thanks for any info:face-icon-small-ton

No, you cannot use the 144 track, and we would not recommend moving the front tunnel mount in any direction.

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
I was contemplating putting one of these on my ride...still seems like alot of cash but glad to see the discount. Do you really feel the "seat of the pants" difference with this skid?

It's pretty easy for me to say YES. But it really makes a difference in every aspect of the ride. Especially the deep snow capabilities where it will improve traction and floatation.
There's a reason the OEM's keep copying our parts...

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
Since Polaris is still making the 144" setup on its Switchback Assault and the 144 RMK when will you adapt you design to fit in these sleds?

We have no plans to build a 144 suspension.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
How is this skid improved from the coil over suspensions you used to sell with the float shocks?

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
How is this skid improved from the coil over suspensions you used to sell with the float shocks?

We had reworked the geometry so that it still offers great handling off-trail and in the deep snow, but better weight transfer and wheelie control than previous Holz skids. Very similar to previous Holz skids in terms of how it handles, the AlphaX just does everything better.

The AlphaX offers a little more weight savings in comparison to the older Float and Coil-over skids. Partly because there are less moving parts, and this helps it remain lighter throughout the course of your ride since you will have less snow accumulation.

We offer a much nicer shock package that includes the Fox EvolX rear track shock. The most versatile and adjustable shock on the market.

Previous Holz suspensions were designed to mount to stock rails. This became frustrating as the manufacturers would change the OE rail design and mount locations, so that required us to make constant revisions to the suspension.
The AlphaX suspension includes rails that are pre-drilled for proper suspension mounting. Install is quicker and easier.

The AlphaX is even better this year compared to previous years because the shocks have the Fox Gen2 decals now. So many people seemed very concerned about the look of the decal on the shock last year, so now you can sleep at night knowing the decal is new and improved. :face-icon-small-win

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Ah darn the luck I sold my sled with the Alpha-X prior to getting new decals!

Seriously people...THIS IS THE SINGLE BEST ALL AROUND MOUNTAIN RIDING SUSPENSION ON THE PLANET FOR YOUR IQ RAW. (don't ride Ski Doo so can't say on the XP) That is a bold statement and it is absolute FACT. This suspension is on average superior irregardless of the terrain. It's not a race only...powder only...trail only...jumper only it's good at everything and that makes it GREAT. Totally tune-able and a very versatile performance setup. Some are great in areas but really lack in others...this suspension when properly applicated is awesome every single day and it doesn't matter what you throw at it. Now they have it affordable especially when you consider the shock package you are getting!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have a 2012 800X ETEC 154. Been looking for a skid to put under it and to replace the front shocks too. Is the skid a COMPLETE replacement for my current set up? Can I remove the current skid and remove the track and install the new skid with the old track and be good to go or are there parts I need to switch over? Also, what front shocks do you recommend? The Fox shocks get both good and bad reviews online which unfortunately is the only info I get.

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
This doesn't say, but I assume that the IQ chassis skid will bolt into the Pro Ride chassis?

Yes...but there is an issue with the Pro having metric hardware, whereas our Alpahx hardware and shafts are all standard. Not a big deal.
Except for the hardware 'issue', its a good fit and would be a good upgrade since our parts are stronger than factory and you do get premium shocks.

The Pro suspension geometry is very similar to the Holz AlpahX which is why we are not marketing a replacement skid for it. We are offering upgrades for the stock Walker Evans shocks- custom revalve and reservoirs.

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
I have a 2012 800X ETEC 154. Been looking for a skid to put under it and to replace the front shocks too. Is the skid a COMPLETE replacement for my current set up? Can I remove the current skid and remove the track and install the new skid with the old track and be good to go or are there parts I need to switch over? Also, what front shocks do you recommend? The Fox shocks get both good and bad reviews online which unfortunately is the only info I get.

You will need to re-use a couple cross shafts and your rear wheel/axle assembly. I would recommend our 2-wheel axle instead of the stock unit; for that you will just re-use your stock outer 2 wheels.

Rails are complete with new bump stops, tips and hyfax (Polaris style hyfax).

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I would like to sell my skid complete to try and recover some of the money spent. What would it cost for a "complete" skid from you, wheels, cross shafts, stickers and all? Also, I had a question in the last post about what front shocks you recommend. Is the skid "coupled"? I might turbo this sled, most guys recommend a coupled sled with a turbo.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
BTW, I would post this in the Ski Doo XP forum. Lot's of guys I see on that area I never see on the MT/Powder area.

HOLZ

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2008
I would like to sell my skid complete to try and recover some of the money spent. What would it cost for a "complete" skid from you, wheels, cross shafts, stickers and all? Also, I had a question in the last post about what front shocks you recommend. Is the skid "coupled"? I might turbo this sled, most guys recommend a coupled sled with a turbo.

To make the skid "complete" there is about $250 in additional parts.

The AlphaX is not coupled. Typically, uncoupled skids are not best suited for turbos, but if you ever want to be able to steer it you might consider going with the uncoupled skid like our AlphaX. You have to decide what will work best for your application.

We sell Fox shocks. Float2, EvolR, and EvolX (RC2). Some offer more adjustability than others, likewise some are more expensive than others.
The Float2 is the 'entry level' shock. It offers the least amount of adjustment, but I would still consider it an upgrade versus the stock shocks.
The EvolX (RC2) is the most versatile shock you can buy. It's also the most expensive shock Fox offers. It's 5-way adjustability will let you dial in for any condition and any riding weight. If budget is not an issue, EvolX is the shock to have.
The EvolR falls right in the middle. More adjustability than the Float2, not as much as the EvolX, but priced accordingly. Best of both worlds so to speak. The EvolR is the most popular Fox shock for us.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Whistler, BC
Everything on my sled is from holz....
front evol R's
Slp spindles
holz clutching
and most importantly the holz alpha x rear skid

I rode my sled bone stock for 600miles and the stock shocks were finished. So i upgraded to the fox evol R's in the front and the holz fox replacment shocks in the rear. Such a big difference and made the sled feel like it was floating on a cloud. After beeing so happy with the holz replacement shocks in the rear i found a excellent deal on alpha x rear skid so i went ahead and bought it. Have 2 days on the skid and i love it. Best investment you can do on your sled. Just on the trail up you notice it suck up the bumps so much better and feels more like a motocross bike. In the pow the skis only lift a inch or 2 off the snow and climbs great. Dropped a few 20-30 cliffs and the suspesion sucked it up great. The only problem with the skid is i can NEVER go back to stock.

Premium Features