• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3 inch Post Forward Bracket

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Looking to install a forward post kit from C3 powersports on my 1100T, going to go for the 3inch forward bracket. Says that the air box has to be modified with a block off plate. For those that have installed them on the 1100T what exactly has to be modified to move the post forward or can you just bolt on the new bracket?

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Hmm interesting. My first guess would be that the 1100 has enuff weight upfront. Have you ridden yours lots and determined that not to be the case?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Looking to install a forward post kit from C3 powersports on my 1100T, going to go for the 3inch forward bracket. Says that the air box has to be modified with a block off plate. For those that have installed them on the 1100T what exactly has to be modified to move the post forward or can you just bolt on the new bracket?

You can do about a 1/2 forward without hitting the airbox. That being said you can figure out how much of the airbox needs to be trimmed. Either way.

It is not so much that your moving the bars forward as that you will be able to run the riser in a straight line with the post allowing the bars to not rotate away from you when your countersteering making a weird leverage situation.

S
Dec 2, 2009
Central Alberta
To run the 3"post forward you will need to cut into the intake plenum. For a cheap cold air kit get a 2.5" rubber 90 deg. elbow and an alluminum 2.5" 90 deg. elbow. mount the rubber 90 on the stock tube that comes out of the turbo and face it horizontal towards the center of motor. then you stick the alluminum elbow turned up out of the hood behind the windshield. This requires you to move the gauge to the rider side of the steering post. The wires just barely fit. On the alluminum elbow you can have a welder add a small tube to hook up your crankcase breather. It will take alot of patience and trimming to get it to fit right but it turns out great.
IMG_0025

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
To run the 3"post forward you will need to cut into the intake plenum. For a cheap cold air kit get a 2.5" rubber 90 deg. elbow and an alluminum 2.5" 90 deg. elbow. mount the rubber 90 on the stock tube that comes out of the turbo and face it horizontal towards the center of motor. then you stick the alluminum elbow turned up out of the hood behind the windshield. This requires you to move the gauge to the rider side of the steering post. The wires just barely fit. On the alluminum elbow you can have a welder add a small tube to hook up your crankcase breather. It will take alot of patience and trimming to get it to fit right but it turns out great.
IMG_0025

Happen to have any pictures?

S
Dec 2, 2009
Central Alberta
Never rode the sled much with the stock air setup because of how hot the air plenum got after very short rides. Rode last weekend in chest deep pow and it never bogged and felt very crisp. These engines put out a ridiculous amount of heat so the cold air intake is a must. Best thing about this setup is when you stop, you place your lid on top of the air filter and the heat coming out of the turbo dry's your goggles.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Just finished my lightweight hood with cold air intake plenum built in. With the 3" post forward the goggle bag doesn't fit so I put that back in... made a whole bunch of work. Pulls air from the old headlight location and one of the working factory intakes.

My favorite...satin black, just $10 away from that new paint job.

IMG_0296.jpg IMG_0302.jpg IMG_0300.jpg IMG_0297.jpg

Last edited:

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Turned out really nice, the hole you have cut in the bottom of your cold air plenum are you just running 2.5inch rubber from that to the compressor? How are you tying the stock dash intake in as well?

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Yup, 2.5" from plenum to turbo intake, about 12" linear length. The factory intake on the right side ends of being 6-7" away and I'll probably just use some sort of accordian style hose to connect. Still got to do more venting but I'll be riding this weekend trying the intake out.

Premium Features