• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts and input on new women's gear

J

jbsleds

Feb 15, 2009
Idaho
Yes to sizes for short women!

My wife is 5'1" and can't find quality bibs, women's or men's, that are the right length. Everything she tries is much too long. Uninsulated shells that she can layer under would be good too.

We've been waiting for the motorfist ladies line to come out next year so that we can take a look at it.

Are you moving ahead with production? We'd like to know more about your products.

C
Nov 14, 2008
Wyoming
My thoughts

Thank you for asking what we need! I agree with the other women's suggestions and comments. I have never liked pink so it would be nice to have options. The base & mid layer options for women are very lacking. I will pay for a good layer or two! I want to be warm and comfortable.

One of my biggest issues, especially with Klim, we are not all built like a stick! Women have HIPS! We need more room in these areas.

I love my Gore, so I don't look at anything that isn't.

Would you also consider making items for a little girl? My daughter loves to go - but finding gear for her is worse than for me!

T

tymetoride

Dec 9, 2008
Billings, MT
gonna get in trouble for this...

I have been online looking for snowmobile specific lingerie for my Fiancée everywhere, but it seems it hardly exists... I know that as a Guy, I would buy a top dollar for these things for her for special occasions... I just can't believe this part of the market hasn't really taken off... or maybe I am just looking in the wrong spot. Lady's I am just trying to help, so please go easy on me. I am not trying to offend anyone at all. Thanks

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
Hahaha, that made me laugh!!!! What the heck is snowmobile specific lingere??? I'm picturing a thong with a little sledder on it LMAO.

My snowmobile undergarments are strictly function, not so much for fashion. Granny panties and a sports bra... Not so hot!!!!!

T

tymetoride

Dec 9, 2008
Billings, MT
exactly!

I am not talking about stuff you would actually wear snowmobiling, but maybe underwear with a snowmobile on the butt, or some catchy saying about snowmobiling, kind of like Victoria secret does with some of there lines of underwear.... men would pay for this stuff trust me! I would imagine some women would also... just an idea. Take it as you want, just trying to help :face-icon-small-hap

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Some great ideas on here but for me I'm not into looking "cute" after a hard day of riding. I'm all about the day and how awesome it was. As long as I'm warm and dry that's all that I care about.

Something that I have seen recently on coats and jackets is a zipper that zips up to the side of the neck and not just below your chin. Who zips their coat all the way up? I know that I don't because it is uncomfortable and gets in the way of my chin strap of the helmet.

Also, I wouldn't recommend a pocket in the jacket for a camera. If for some reason you have to stop abruptly you could really hurt yourself or break your camera, I've seen this from experience. The pictures of the bruises are not a pretty sight.

Another thought for undergear is to make pants with stirrups in them. Then you can put your socks on without having to worry about your pant leg cuff coming up with the sock. Same thing with the shirts, build thumb stirrups in them so that when you are layering tops you don't have the sleeve creeping up.

Just my .02 cents for you as well. Good luck!!!

Last edited:
L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Many good ideas here!! I always zip my coat all the way up keeps the snow out of my coat. I like the to the side of chin zip....that would be awesome!! Also something I thought of today....I would love my coat to unzip from both the top and bottom, as then I don't have to unzip my coat all the way to get to my pant snaps when nature calls!!!! I also like in my Scott coat has the wrist gators, the cold air doesn't go up the sleeves of my coat, as my gloves do not go over the top of my coat. I am sure I will think of more soon :)

D
Dec 1, 2008
Victor, ID
I read a lot of the posts but not ALL of the posts ... Does anyone else have situations where just their arms get cold? I wear a light underlayer shirt, my tekvest, then a waterproof shell, plus my backpack - perfect temp 'cept for my arms. is there anyway to have the underlayer fabric on the arms thicker??? Maybe there's no market for that. just a thought.

D

doornenbal

Dec 3, 2007
Christine says use goretex dont try and use a knock off it just does not work. Bibs with a drop seat, plain colors (grey, black) NO PINK! full leg zippers good venting and make a tall size, Like 34 inches in a medium.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
dirtchick... i was talking to backcountrybabe ( i think that's her name on here) and she said she uses pedal bike gear... they make 'sleeves' that are like 80 style leg warmers ya know? cept way higher tech fabric and you can slide them on under your coat and pull them up or down depending on how you need to regulate your temperature?? i rarely get cold but it seemed to work great for her and be a good idea!!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Christine says use goretex dont try and use a knock off it just does not work. Bibs with a drop seat, plain colors (grey, black) NO PINK! full leg zippers good venting and make a tall size, Like 34 inches in a medium.

So if something is made with another fabric besides gore its considered a knock off?

Premium Features