• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 turbo xp vs 09 stock xp video

A
Nov 27, 2007
Salmon Arm
Keep a couple things in mind here, we were letting the stock sled take the jump (in other words leaving off of his throttle)so it may seem that the turbo is lagging but it is not. I am not sure if you have ridden any of the new 09 or 2010 M8,XP, or Dragon 800's but they flat rip off the bottom end!! If you think that any turboed 800 will smoke a stocker 800 off the bottom end you are kidding yourself!!!If you can keep your turboed sled at even a sled length to a well set up stocker from a dead stop you have done your homework.:beer;:beer;

I found this video of this turbo xp and realize maybe this isn't a great comparison because it's not running with any other sled but if you decide to watch it about half way threw the video he does a standing start. No lag there. Hats off to you for doing the comparison but why would you "leave off the throttle". Why not show what it really is capable of. My m8 has alot of lag but not that bad. But maybe I should of been there to see the real thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlhZD22asAw

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I thought when we were filming that if we went off the stock sled we would see the true power of the turbo catching and passing the stocker.

On the 3rd vid. I believe you see us start pretty even on a roll, same as the
1st one.
On the 2nd film if you watch closely, we were to go on 3. You see me nooding my head 1..2.. I go..3 :D I purposely jump the turbo because I was tired of getting my azz kicked.
If I was slow off the start you wouldn't see me in the picture after 200 feet, it would be all turbo.

Look it's tuff to please everyone. We just got some vid of 2 sleds, one a stocker and one a turbo.. Everyone has been asking for some side by side comparisions now you got it..

Artic doo, I watched that video several times now. And where he punches it and does a wheely that looks cool but pay closer attention to what he is doing... he is slowly rolling and is reving up his throttle several times gets the rpms around 5500 and pulls back and punches it.
I can get my kids 550 to do that..
Never the less still impressive.

Bottom line..... Turbos are fast! not quick. Stockers are quick! not fast.

The new sled are all very quick and are very impressive

Cheers.:beer;

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
That's good you are getting the tnytro figured out. What are you running for boost right now? The rest of our trip was awesome!!!! with all of that new snow over the weekend it made it insane on monday and tuesday of that week. There were only 2 other trailers at the parking lot!!!! Perfect!!! Except the trail was as rough as any of us have ever seen it:mad:We are planning on being down there on the 15-18th of feb and then we go up to the big horns for a couple days to ride with some friends up there. Do you think you might be down there around then? It would be awesome to ride with you or at least hang out and grab some :beer;'s Anyway nice video and get some up of the Nytro!!!!!!!

T.
I am keeping the boost right around 18#'s
Good to here you had a great time.. That area is still a quiet spot for most of the time..
Just give me a heads up when you are heading this way and I will try to meet you down there..
Thanks again I will try to get some up of the Nytro vs the T-Doo.. That is what I am looking forward to see!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
just a thought for the lag... if you run from a dead stop on a turbo sled, unless your are DAMN good at what your doing its hard to hang from idle. main point i see is "clutch lag". when your clutched for that kidna power its really hard to have the bottom come in super fast as the motor just doesnt have the power... again, unless your damn good at what your doing. one thing i noticed on my 4 banger turbo setup is i just hang at just under engagement for a few seconds and let the turbo come up ot speed, when you whack the throttle things are RIGHT there.. just at idle the turbo is spinning way low. As far as those who are all freaked out about lag and tree riding, once you get used to the differnt powerband, you would never know the difference, my old 600 rev jumps me off the line, then i go FLYING by. and in the trees, you just learn not to whack the throttle on/off like a NA sled, you learn to ease in and out, at which point, a half decent turbo setup will crush an NA if the rider knows how to work the power.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Very nice vid. thanks for taking the time. Doesn't look like there is much lag at all to me your can see clearly the N/A sled got the jump off the line.

X2 on getting some vids of the Nytro and TXP

1wpdn1

Dec 7, 2007
I will Bring the M-8 Turbo

Dc and Jim: if we can get some new snow maybe we can film My M-8 Boondocker with the other sleds....Since I also have a stock XP I KNOW there is no way my M-8 is going to beat the stock doo out of the hole. ( Nor would the RT Turbo even come close)

But I welcome others to join us down south when we get 4 feet of fresh to see how their set-ups compare! :cool:

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
love it looks like that t-xp rock hard

love this thread turbos vs stock

heres mine my turbo xr
my buddy wanted me to pass him on on his stock xp up this chute in eagles was going to give him a head start just as we got started our other friend on his polairis 900 got in front too both sleds stock full pinned.
I had to pass the polairis take a jump and catch up.:):beer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwrK-2Z8o8

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Dc and Jim: if we can get some new snow maybe we can film My M-8 Boondocker with the other sleds....Since I also have a stock XP I KNOW there is no way my M-8 is going to beat the stock doo out of the hole. ( Nor would the RT Turbo even come close)

But I welcome others to join us down south when we get 4 feet of fresh to see how their set-ups compare! :cool:

S. I think we will make it back down during this week and again this weekend.
I don't want to film though!! To much snow to just stop and film. Maybe next week??? This last storm has blessed us with EPIC conditions and I will to busy playing and helping the stock sleds get unstuck:)

Premium Features