• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670 problem, metal pinging noise, lacks power, won't warm start

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
You have done well, my young apprentice....

As long as you cannot catch your fingernail in the scratches on the head sealing surface, you should be ok. I think that the sealing o-rings are pretty forgiving.

You might have started a new perfomance mod. All those pits in the domes may add to airflow turbulance possibly enhancing HP.... Lol!

About miniimum and maximum engine temps, not sure. I just saw a thread related to that in the XP section talking about t-stat removal. Post a thread, somebody will answer.

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
You have done well, my young apprentice....

As long as you cannot catch your fingernail in the scratches on the head sealing surface, you should be ok. I think that the sealing o-rings are pretty forgiving.

You might have started a new perfomance mod. All those pits in the domes may add to airflow turbulance possibly enhancing HP.... Lol!

About miniimum and maximum engine temps, not sure. I just saw a thread related to that in the XP section talking about t-stat removal. Post a thread, somebody will answer.

Haha, its a 672 now... ;)

Premium Features