• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Undertunnel Exhaust.

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
would like to here some other peoples muffler sizes also.. im running 2.5 paddles so i would imagine the less diameter the better

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
here is mine..

modified header
IMG_3336.jpg

combination muffler mount and seat mount
IMG_3356.jpg

end product..
IMG_3350.jpg

wishfull thinking.. lol.. Gonna try and do it this year, as I talked about it enough..
IMG_3343.jpg

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Do you have your exhaust outlets going out the side of the tunnel.
Right now they just exit out under the tunnel. Eventually they will exit out the side of the tunnel, one on each side.
i like the cooker idea! So does it look like you will have enough track clearance with that muffler?
Yes, I have enought track clearance. Though there is not enough clearance when running over trees and getting stuff slammed up in there..
will the cooker get warm enough with all the wind and snow blowing around it?
An aerospace engineer told me it wouldn't work.. but what does he know? lol I will build a shield for the bottom of it to keep it from being covered with snow. As with most things I build, it may or may not work. :eek:

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
I turned my under tunnel exhaust out each side of my apex and it was the best thing I ever did. I don't ever have any more bogging issues like I did with the under tunnel plus it sounds awesome, and works really well. Also when you cut a really deep side hill or lay it over hard it throws the air out the other side completely unrestricted. Like I said I really like it.
I'm also working on the cooker idea, there has to be a way....:D

T
Jun 17, 2008
had a fellow drop off a 09 nytro and wanted me to see what i could build for it .he is a skier and wants the use of the back of the tunnel .so no rear exit .
figured i would build a number of them and see what one can get out of it for sound .will throw some pics up of what my first take on one is .i used to race 4 stroke street bikes and built exhaust for them as well as used many other types . figured it would be fun to see what i could do .
see one guy mentions exiting it forward presented issues in a bog .was wondering about this .
any input greatly appreaciated . the last two chassis i built i exited the exhaust into the skid frame area and achieved quiet and no bog ,
seems to have a fair bit of room forward on this nytro in the front of the tunnel .

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
i would believe there would be less of a chance for bog if the exit faced forward in the tunnel v.s out the back.

an out the back set up needs the exit to be either, very far out back to avoid the track throwing snow in the contact area of the top of the tunnel, or it needs to have to outlet on an angle to prevent a snow clog. i run a lcc/tachacardia set up right now, and i had no bogging or plugging issues at all last year. this included a week of deep powder riding in wyoming and montana, as well as a full season of boondocking in northern ontario's lake superior lake effect snow region.

with the outlet facing forward it goes with the flow so to speak, of the snow that is in the tunnel, heading forward with the motion of the track. the only issue i may see with this option is, warm exhaust air and snow will be heading toward the front heat exchanger on the tunnel front bulkhead area (could be a small cooling conflict in low snow or trail riding scenarios). and it will probably be louder to the rider. alothough in theory it should be quieter to the outside world.

if you could angle the outlet down to dump the exhaust gases in the gap from the track to the bulkhead, facing downward to take advantage of the track pulling air and snow out of the front of the tunnel it may be similar to a twostroke sound to the rider, v.s trapping it in the tunnel.

i would love a water cooled running board edge with rear tunnell u-cooler, with under tunnel exhaust facing forward. that would mean. NO MORE ICE IN THE TUNNEL OR ON THE RUNNING BOARDS, AT ALL.

just my .02 ski

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Ski, you need to raise yer prices...

Yer .02 is ALWAYS worth a buck two thirty!:beer;

Ice...what Ice? got BetterBoards? :)

I want an undertunnel for mine too...but I dont have the header issues some others have... :)

Premium Features