• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

~ * DYNOJET - Winter 2015-2016 * ~

Welcome to almost-winter 2015 folks! It's been a wild ride since ol' Mother Nature was coating our mountains routinely with snow, but now it's nearing ever closer once again. Random cold snaps and an impressive dump nearing 20" of snow on the north faces of Lone Peak several weeks ago has spurned enthusiasm from the local sled crowd. Having just returned from the Big East Powersports show in Syracuse, NY, it's now a great time to enlighten fellow Sledheads with good news from Dynojet.

As it was all the rage in the hands of show-goers in NY, Instead of saving what might be best for last, it’s going to lead off our story.

Introducing the C3 Mobile Application for your Android Phone! Dynojet is proud to avail tuning for Power Commander Products from your phone. This app is available for free download on Google Play enabling users to send any map stored on your phone to the device, adjust fuel trims in the field, calibrate throttle position, and many more things all from the palm of your hand! Now, if you're in the mood for adjustments while out riding, simply send a new map to your fuel controller from your Phone, or (if in cell service range) give a quick call to your supporting dealer who can email you a new map and load that one! It requires a USB-On-The-Go adapter to connect.

Polaris guys have the pleasure of selecting from any price level in our tiered product structure. Opting for the Power Commander FC - our entry level controller for only $249 will deliver the same mapping ability as the higher end PCV, but is not accessorizable with items such as Autotune or the POD-300 digital display. Stepping up a level is the standard fuel-only PCV available for NA riders, boosted riders, or even boosted riders running secondary injectors. Take any turbo kit and upgrade to an automatic pressure compensating fuel controller requiring no fiddling with tuning running up into the hills on any given day. Tune it once – and be done! Jumping up yet another level, YES we also offer a fuel + ignition control PCV for the Polaris twins (all CFI2 or the new AXYS in 600 or 800cc versions) – imagine having control over fueling and timing in NA applications, or on boosted sleds – it’s all right here!

Across the rest of the product line we've worked to beef up our offerings in every brand, while our fabulous and loyal dealers keep pushing hard to add more performance to your ride. Compatible with Power Commander Products for all makes and models, The POD-300 digital display gauge still remains wildly popular among all enthusiasts from dirt to road to snow. This little gem is loaded with features including a real-time gauge display, in-field fuel adjustments, data-logging, and even flashes warning lights when parameters chosen by you are met. The next highly useful tuning tool is the Autotune or Wideband2 device optional to add to any PCV. Whether you just want to monitor the air:fuel ratio of the exiting exhaust gases, or have the device build you a map for you as you ride in real-time, the Autotune is immensely helpful. Simply input the desired AFR you want your engine to run at any operating condition of Throttle Position, RPM, or Pressure - and GO RIDE....that's it. It'll build the map for you adjusting the fuel trims along the way to meet your specified AFR value.

Come see me at the Intermountain Snowmobile Show in Salt Lake City on October 23-24 with any questions or to just say Hi! Check out our website at www.powercommander.com for more information and a complete selection of all our applications.

It's Time to get Excited for Winter!
~T.J.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Can you dive into this C3 Mobile App a little deeper, will I be able to incorporate this into my current PCV part # 19-004?

If so do I buy the required hardware from Dynojet?

Thanks

Introducing the C3 Mobile Application for your Android Phone! Dynojet is proud to avail tuning for Power Commander Products from your phone. This app is available for free download on Google Play enabling users to send any map stored on your phone to the device, adjust fuel trims in the field, calibrate throttle position, and many more things all from the palm of your hand! Now, if you're in the mood for adjustments while out riding, simply send a new map to your fuel controller from your Phone, or (if in cell service range) give a quick call to your supporting dealer who can email you a new map and load that one! It requires a USB-On-The-Go adapter to connect.

Can you dive into this C3 Mobile App a little deeper, will I be able to incorporate this into my current PCV part # 19-004?

If so do I buy the required hardware from Dynojet?

Thanks
I'll absolutely add more detail regarding the C3 Mobile App! Very good questions....
The new C3 Mobile Application blends a little bit of each the POD-300, PCV Control Center Software, and the old LCD-200 - into one App on your phone. From this App, you can:
- Adjust Fuel Trims in the Field <<< What everyone's been asking for :face-icon-small-coo
- Send a New Map stored on your phone to the PCV
- View All Device Info
- Adjust Accel Pump Settings
- Calibrate the throttle position of the PCV to pair perfectly with the TPS voltages of the sled
- Turn Autotune On/Off
- Enable RevXtend
- Adjust QuickShifter Settings (useful on bikes)
- Manage the Network of linked modules (Ignition Module / SFM)

YES - You can fully use this App with your 19-004.
YES - You can buy the necessary USB on the Go Adapter directly from us at http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/products/PowerCommanderV/powercommander_v.aspx, or from any computer retailer in-store or online such as http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Micro-USB-On-The-Go-Adapter/dp/B005GI2VMG. They're very popular and average ~$3. They come in cable form with a small 6" extension between the phone plug and the cord you plug into your machine, or are fitted directly together into one slightly larger, over-molded stub connector.

Thanks for everyone's interest!
~T.J.

MH,
The C3 Mobile application will perform everything that the POD-300 can do (and more), except for setting up warning lights and datalogging. Only the POD can perform those tasks.
However, the C3 App can perform all of the prior listed functions in the post from above, and pasted below here again :

- Adjust Fuel Trims in the Field <<< What everyone's been asking for
face-icon-small-cool.gif

- Send a New Map stored on your phone to the PCV
- View All Device Info
- Adjust Accel Pump Settings
- Calibrate the throttle position of the PCV to pair perfectly with the TPS voltages of the sled
- Turn Autotune On/Off
- Enable RevXtend
- Adjust QuickShifter Settings (useful on bikes)
- Manage the Network of linked modules (Ignition Module / SFM)

Thus, The only shared function identical between the POD-300 and the C3 App is the In-Field Fuel Trims - they can both do that. As for The rest of the list, ONLY C3 has those abilities.
Ignition timing is not adjustable on the fly with C3, as there is no "blanket In-Field Timing adjust" function inside any PCV.
Instead, countless maps can be created in the comfort of your home, stored to the phone, and sent to the PCV in the field right from your phone. These maps can contain varying pinpoint timing adjustments or blanket tuning while being paired with a different fuel table as well if desired.

~T.J.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Good start with the C3 app. Was it adapted from the Pod 300 instead of created for the PCV and newer PCV with ign. control.

The reason I ask is it still seems it only does what the POD does with low mid hi, and I could not tell if it supported any thing on the ign. side of a PCV if you paid to upgrade to that.
Seems to leave a lot on the table for in-field adjustability if you are trying to tune a single map in a real world situation with a latest PCV unit.

By the looks of the pictures of the cheaper FC units, they come with the 3 dials to adjust those ranges (sorta like the old PC3's). Is that true?

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I am playing with the app at the moment, and it appears to me I can't pull the map that is on the PCV up? I have the 19-004, and it definetly has a map in it as I can pull it by using my laptop. But when I use the C3 App it won't pull up any map. If this is so you would have to have your map stored on your phone and upload a new updated version into the PCV every time you want to adjust something? Maybe I am missing something.

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
I noticed that I couldn't pull the code that's in the pc5 also. I just bought the sled, and don't have the cd for my computer.:face-icon-small-dis

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Nor where the adjustments (just testing) that I made on the Droid app save once I did put a map in the phone then sent it to the PC5. Tried changing fuel trim then sending map, then tried adjusting fuel trim after, neither showed results when connecting back to my laptop.

Last edited:

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
I was able to sync the idle voltages. Didn't try anything with the trims, since I am not able to verify anything.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm sure TJ will chime in here this week... He's been working the SLC snow show all weekend single handed.

It's great that we have actual factory reps on here interacting where they can with our readers... Not something that many take the time to do.

So... THANK YOU TJ!

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
Yes MH, it's awsome that TJ is taking time out of his busy schedule to talk to us. I'm sure we all know there can be some small glitches, that can be ironed out with a little time ! :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
Good start with the C3 app. Was it adapted from the Pod 300 instead of created for the PCV and newer PCV with ign. control.

The reason I ask is it still seems it only does what the POD does with low mid hi, and I could not tell if it supported any thing on the ign. side of a PCV if you paid to upgrade to that.
Seems to leave a lot on the table for in-field adjustability if you are trying to tune a single map in a real world situation with a latest PCV unit.

By the looks of the pictures of the cheaper FC units, they come with the 3 dials to adjust those ranges (sorta like the old PC3's). Is that true?

Geo,
The C3 application was built to blend the capabilites of the PCV control center and the prior LCD-200 (now POD-300). The POD-300 cannot send saved maps to the PCV as the LCD could since the POD has no on-board memory holder. This feature to send any saved map to the PCV is found in the App. Save a map to your phone - send it to your sled anytime in the field.

The in-field fuel adjustments are the exact same as the LCD or POD-300 providing tuning to the Low, Mid, and High region of the map. There is no individual cell tuning as one would see when connected to a PC.

Any adjustment to the ignition side must be done when connected to a PC. There is no function in the App or on the POD-300 to have an "in-field timing" trim. Same as for the fuel tables, adjust the individual cells on a PC, save the maps to your phone, then carry your phone with you a memory stick. Plug into the PCV any time in the field and send one of your saved maps to reveal your changes to ignition (or fuel).

The 3 dials found on the face of the PCFC's is available on the non-snowmobile FC units. These did provide the ability to trim the Low, Mid, and High section of the map - as well as a 10 position map switch on a dial. After much debate and conversation with our dealers who package our product with their hard parts (pipes, intakes, big bores, etc), These trim pots were eliminated from the face of the PCFC.

I am playing with the app at the moment, and it appears to me I can't pull the map that is on the PCV up? I have the 19-004, and it definetly has a map in it as I can pull it by using my laptop. But when I use the C3 App it won't pull up any map. If this is so you would have to have your map stored on your phone and upload a new updated version into the PCV every time you want to adjust something? Maybe I am missing something.

Bob and MTN Powderhound,
You are correct and not missing anything. The App will not pull up the raw fuel tables found inside the PCV. Individual cell tuning is only visible when connected to a PC. Creating an App to display up to 600 small cells on a small screen and avail them for adjusting is difficult.

The control center software for any of our fuel controllers is available on our website at http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/downloads/default.aspx . Even without the CD in your box (as it used to be), you can obtain the SW here for full tuning access.

I'm sure TJ will chime in here this week... He's been working the SLC snow show all weekend single handed.

It's great that we have actual factory reps on here interacting where they can with our readers... Not something that many take the time to do.

So... THANK YOU TJ!
MH,
Thank you for recognizing the support that myself and Dynojet attempt to add to the forum. We support our customers for supporting us! I was lucky enough to meet many show-goers this past weekend at the SLC snow show as well! Pleasure meeting all of you, and I actually had accompaniment this time courtesy of our Sales VP who made an appearance to double our forces. It was a Very enjoyable and educational show for us to attend seeing the vast life in the sled market - even despite the sub-par snow year we're reeling from. Whether drawn in by our C3 Mobile App, or the 2016 Fuel + Ignition equipped Polaris AXYS, or the nifty Nitrous powered Snowbike build, the excitement surrounding Dynojet loomed large!

~T.J.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I'm running into having a map in my phone that I make adjustments with the C3 app and then send to the PCV, but when I hook that same PCV up to the computer the changes I made with the cell phone app are not there.

The Bob,
I think I understand where the confusion may arise from when using the C3 Mobile App versus the PCV Control Center.
Any fuel change performed inside Control Center to the table itself is viewable in the cells on the screen. However, The in-field fuel trims performed using the LCD-200, POD-300, or C3 mobile application are not viewed on this table. Instead they are found in the Power Commander Tools > Configure > In-Field Fuel Adjustments Dialog (Ctrl+Alt+I for shortcut). Adjustments within this window are added to any fuel table values, accel pump values, engine temp trims, etc. into one resultant fuel change delivered out to the injectors.

Is this the case that you weren't seeing the fuel trims on the actual fueling table?

~T.J.

Premium Features