• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX Anti-Slop Steering Support

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
I just installed the above listed product. My concern is that the front of the bushing is slightly exposed and the rear portion is somewhat hidden because the steering post is at a slight angle back. Is this how it fits on the 11' M8? I guess the bushing is level with the bushing support, but since the steering post is at a slight angle, it looks "uneven" on the steering post. Just wanting to make sure this isn't an issue. The install was pretty straight forward, but what I did have an issue with is one of my bolts that holds the A-frame onto the bulkhead has what looks like a nut that is pressed into the A-Frame, was spinning. Had to try to get a small pair of vise-grips on there to hold it. Not much room in there. The other bolts came out fine without that nut like things spinning.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
never take out the upper two bolts, just loosen them one thread. Make sure you didn't lose our ground wire that attaches there.

As to fit, that's normal, that's why it's a spherical bushing... The post doesn't rotate on it's center.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
never take out the upper two bolts, just loosen them one thread. Make sure you didn't lose our ground wire that attaches there.

As to fit, that's normal, that's why it's a spherical bushing... The post doesn't rotate on it's center.

I only took out the bottom bolts and loosened the top bolt on the PTO side as per instructions. That top bolt on the PTO side is the one that had that pressed in nut that spun. I didn't have to loosen the mag side top bolt at all. Which bolt has the ground wire on it? I will go out and check now. **Edit** I just went out to check the bolts on the A-Frame and I don't see any ground wires attaching to those? ***Edit*** I think I saw the ground wire. Located on the top bolt on mag side? If so, I didn't touch that bolt as the instructions said not to touch it.

So my fit is normal? Makes sense as the bushing housing and bushing is level, but the post goes back in an angle.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I only took out the bottom bolts and loosened the top bolt on the PTO side as per instructions. That top bolt on the PTO side is the one that had that pressed in nut that spun. I didn't have to loosen the mag side top bolt at all. Which bolt has the ground wire on it? I will go out and check now. **Edit** I just went out to check the bolts on the A-Frame and I don't see any ground wires attaching to those? ***Edit*** I think I saw the ground wire. Located on the top bolt on mag side? If so, I didn't touch that bolt as the instructions said not to touch it.

So my fit is normal? Makes sense as the bushing housing and bushing is level, but the post goes back in an angle.

Yep, you're set man. You can shim out the bushing from the tank a bit to gain a touch of forward to the bars, which will make it a bit straighter in the bushing, but that's a rider preference thing... not the norm. Your fit is the norm.

Every now & then those rivnuts will spin... pain in the butt, but as long as your ground wire is still there, you're good.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Yep, you're set man. You can shim out the bushing from the tank a bit to gain a touch of forward to the bars, which will make it a bit straighter in the bushing, but that's a rider preference thing... not the norm. Your fit is the norm.

Every now & then those rivnuts will spin... pain in the butt, but as long as your ground wire is still there, you're good.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Premium Features