• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Rev 800R HELP Please engine issue

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
I got this sled with a blown motor It has a 2009 800R I rebuilt the top end and had 60 miles on it with no issues. Today we went out and for the first 10 miles everything was good then after max throttle for awhile it would give me the oil light, high temp light and battery light. Then it would start bogging and you would have to come to a stop. It would run at idle fine and after a few moments it would rev back up fine. If we drove down the trail all day at no more than 6-6500 rpm's everything was fine and no lights or bogging. But once you max out and get 7500 or higher roughly it would give me the lights and bog again. Now at the end of the day I tried to make it do it again back at the trailer and couldnt. So any ideas? Has it fixed itself. I would like to be able to trust this sled. Do I need to take it in and have the computer checked?

Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:

sledneck109

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
I had the same sled with the same issue i just had a lot of trygstad performance stuff on mine! if you open the side panel on the clutch side there is a little blac relay above the stock airbox it is probaly your problem thats what my sled was doing also! if you run it with no headlights or gauges then you take a chance in blowing it up because your rev limmiter doesn't work when the computer is acting up! so get one ASAP! they run around $30.00 @ your local shop!! always good to carry a extra to!

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
My headlight and gauges all work properly though I just get the 3 warning lights. Is that what yours did? I have had that problem on my old 03 ZX but that seems different than this. Thanks

sledneck109

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
Those relay control the computer! so they can do all kinds of screwy things i would try the cheap fix before you take it in to a exspensive shop!

V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
check for vapor lock on your fuel vent lines on the exhaust side of the sled. On the 07 there are some lines with vent barbs that SHOULD NOT be connected, as they are just acting as one way valves. Next time your sled does this bog, slowly open your gas cap and listen for a sucking sound.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Check for corroded or broken pins at the ECM connector. They put them up front on the '07 where they would get wet. Flood that connector with dielectric grease to keep moisture out.

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
What Winter Brew said....
Sometimes you can use too much dielectric grease and make it hard to put the plug back in. Make a boot that covers the connection from snow.

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
So I have been trying numerous things but still having this problem. Now it does it if I wrap it out right away at about 7200 rpm. If I rev it slowly up it seems fine. I have checked all connectors zip tied a couple to make sure. I have checked for all the broken wires and pins. And checked all vacuum hoses and the rave springs appear to be working correctly.

I heard something about a bad knock sensor but cant figure out where that is?? If someone can help me with that please do. And will it run disconected to see if that is my issue??

I hate to pay a shop as I cant really afford that especially this year. This being my buddy sled anyway I guess he will just have to ride below 7200rpm :)

The lights I get are the engine, oil, temp and battery lights. If that helps

Thanks for any and all ideas.

xj1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Wisconsin
That sled likes the RRR'sss. You should be hitting 83-8400rpm at WOT. Green arrow on the tac is the optimal max rpm.

Premium Features