• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Skidoo Freestyle 300 for 70 lb son

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
SO I found a 2006 Skidoo Freestyle 300.

My son is age 9 , weighs 70 lbs. and whips the 120 around with no problem.

Any feedback on a 2006 Skidoo Freestyle 300

What is a good price?

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
great little sleds, Im doing a make over on one right now.
Up here they bring like 4K but hold there value very well. Mine has e start which is nice. Im in the stage of putting a 136x1.25 on mine just cause LOL
if you found one and its nice buy it, you will ride it for years and get your money back no problem.

K

kbraman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 5, 2011
Utah
Excellent recommendation

I posted a similar question last year and ended up finding one in nice condition on Craigslist near Spokane for $2400. I immediately drove 4 hours to get it before someone else saw it. The sled has been perfect! Both my 13 year old daughter and 9 year old son ride it. They ride it solo and also rode together on the 20 mile trail to Burgdorf hot springs near McCall last Christmas. It has e start, reverse, hand warmers etc... Very convenient for small riders. Probably a little small for my 15 year old but she also rides a 600 nicely. Good luck in your search! If you find one jump on it quick. From what I hear the 550 freestyle is also decent but more of a work sled for utility stuff.

I also picked up a mid 90's Indy lite 340 for them to ride the year prior to last. They had a hard time steering and starting it and it wasn't as rideable. Ended up selling it and getting the freestyle. Much better sled although it was 4 times the $$$. You get what you pay for sometimes.

Last edited:
A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
You already know they are sweet kid sleds. I don't think it's too much sled if the kids a rider.
I wish some of you guys were my dad though, lol!
I looked for Freestyles and decided they were way more than I wanted to get my kids to wrap around a tree!
I didn't worry about the older sleds not being as user friendly when I went sled shopping for them. It was bang for the buck. Figured I railed the crap out of much more crude sleds than that as a kid so......
best part is when they were learning the ropes on their $800 specials I could just sit back and laugh when one of them would stuff the bumper inder the tunnel of the other or something.

K

kbraman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 5, 2011
Utah
Cover for the freestyle???

Anyone have a good recommendation for a trailer able cover for the freestyle 300f? Ski-doo factory or does any one have an aftermarket recommendation that's just as good??

Premium Features