• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Measurements for the new shocks?

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Does anybody know what the measurements will be for the new axys shocks? I have heard the fromts are the same as previous years? But, does anyone have ctc's for all four shocks? Thanks

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I don't have the eye to eye numbers. However, my dealer told me that the front shocks and the front track shock are the same. He also told me that the eye to eye difference on the rear track shock is 1/4" different. I don't know if it is shorter or longer though. That isn't much so maybe the shocks on the Pro will work at all four locations. I have revalved Walker Evans shocks which I want to put on the 16 if they will work. I hope so. It will save me money over doing it all over again on the 16. Even if I can only swap out three of the four shocks, it will save me several hundred dollars. Keeping my fingers crossed. We will have a 16 at our dealer next week for 6 days so I can measure the shock length myself.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
All the springs are the same from the 2015. (length and rate)

The Front Ski shocks, 16.63" extended and 10.86" collapsed, and the FTS (dont have those measurements) , as stated above are the same length as 2013/14/15 PRO models with bonded arms.
Valving may or may not be different... and I doubt that we'll get that info till next season when the factory manual comes out.

The RTS (rear Track Shock) is LONGER than the 2015... the rear arm is longer and has different rail mount locations.
I do NOT have those numbers and Polaris is tight lipped on that for the time being... not worth pushing at this point.

If you want to use your current aftermarket shocks on the new sled... wait till fall... and send them into the mfg... they will have valving etc PLUS be able, for a fee, to lengthen the rear track shock rod for you.

Last edited:
W
Apr 12, 2012
Piteå - Northern Sweden
I don't have the eye to eye numbers. However, my dealer told me that the front shocks and the front track shock are the same. He also told me that the eye to eye difference on the rear track shock is 1/4" different. I don't know if it is shorter or longer though. That isn't much so maybe the shocks on the Pro will work at all four locations. I have revalved Walker Evans shocks which I want to put on the 16 if they will work. I hope so. It will save me money over doing it all over again on the 16. Even if I can only swap out three of the four shocks, it will save me several hundred dollars. Keeping my fingers crossed. We will have a 16 at our dealer next week for 6 days so I can measure the shock length myself.

So how did it go? what was the length of the shocks?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I don't have the dimensions of the shocks but as MH said above, the ski shocks and the front track shock are the same as the 2013-2015 Pro. I know no more than that at this time.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
MH, in addition to dropping the mount holes for the front arm (along with the dropped driveshaft), the front arm itself is longer, too? But with the same FTS length.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
MH, in addition to dropping the mount holes for the front arm (along with the dropped driveshaft), the front arm itself is longer, too? But with the same FTS length.

Dimensionally the Rear suspension 16 vs 15 is exactly the same except for the new shock rod, new RTS, new RTS mounting point on the RTA

W
Apr 12, 2012
Piteå - Northern Sweden
Dimensionally the Rear suspension 16 vs 15 is exactly the same except for the new shock rod, new RTS, new RTS mounting point on the RTA

According to the Polaris product engineers in Sweden all dampers from MY15 will fit on the MY16. So if you have Fox Float Burandt package on your MY15 they will fit on your MY16 Axys RMK, it's only the RTS that is 6mm (1/4") shorter on MY15 than on the MY16. And it does apparently not much difference if it is 6mm shorter , you will not notice it. That's what I got in response from Polaris Sweden and they have apparently asked Polaris America.

EDIT:

The RTS doesnt fit.

http://forum.snowmobile.se/attachment.php?attachmentid=18633&d=1431363848

http://forum.snowmobile.se/attachment.php?attachmentid=18634&d=1431363849

http://forum.snowmobile.se/attachment.php?attachmentid=18635&d=1431363850

http://forum.snowmobile.se/attachment.php?attachmentid=18636&d=1431363852

http://forum.snowmobile.se/attachment.php?attachmentid=18637&d=1431363853

Last edited:

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
I have a set of the latest burandt edition fox shocks with the RC2 kashima in the rear, not the EvolR.

It is true that it is shorter than the stock axys RTS, but the RC2 will fit the axys, the mount is different than on the EvolR and allows for the shock to be mounted in the rear, in contrast with stock walkers or the EvolR pre 16 shocks.

Im keeping my fox setup to run on the axys!

btw, loaded up the pics from ward that was linked to a closed swedish forum.

The pics shows my RC2 mounted to a pro rear susp, and a pic of the new burandt RC2 shocks.

DSC_0112.JPG DSC_0111.JPG IMG_9613.jpg IMG_9612.jpg DSC_0120.JPG

wyorider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Shock

Looks to me that the only thing different is the eyelet.

Swap it out if you are going Walker to Walker, or if you have aftermarket see if they have a longer eyelet.

not sure if this is true, but from the picture above that's what it shows.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Yep, a swap of the eyelets should solve it and bring the shock to the correct lenght. not sure if there are big valving changes between the two, but I doubt it.

When it comes to the EvolR I guess the eyelet could be changed here too if fox offers an eyelet that is compatible, or if someone makes/will make one?
cost efficient or not is another question, the fox will require alot more work I guess to have the eyelet changed.

Premium Features