• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKS Vs Pro Weight? Electric Start?

H
Dec 6, 2010
When you are building a SKS on the Polaris site, if you click on the stock model and go to options it shows that electric start is $0 and must already be included in the $ 13,999 price.

When you're building a sks "snow check" model, they add on $400 if you select ES as an option.

Seems like stock model automatically comes with ES and you can't get it without ES.
Whereas in the snow check model you can add ES for an additional $400 or get it without ES.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
When you are building a SKS on the Polaris site, if you click on the stock model and go to options it shows that electric start is $0 and must already be included in the $ 13,999 price.

When you're building a sks "snow check" model, they add on $400 if you select ES as an option.

Seems like stock model automatically comes with ES and you can't get it without ES.
Whereas in the snow check model you can add ES for an additional $400 or get it without ES.

I guess that makes sense. I was worried more about the weight than the price. It looks like the weight under SKS specs already has it included so that is a good thing. I was wondering why the weight on the SKS was 35lbs higher. It wasn't just the heat exchanger, chain/gears/case, wheels track and piggy back shocks. It includes the battery and starter as well.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
In the Podcast Marty Sampson talked about a slight gear change going a long with the 2.6" track on the Pro. Do you know if I order a SKS with the 2.6" track if that will come with a gear change as well?

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I was confused about the weight of the SKS right from the start on Monday night. Makes sense that it has E-start standard, also explains the higher MSRP.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Where do you get the LI battery?

I currently use the Anti-Gravity YTX12-20. The only other lithium batteries I'd use would be from EarthX and SpeedCell.

I got my that Anti-Gravity off of Amazon.

Anti-Gravity and EarthX have web sites, PM "Murph" on here for Speedcell batteries.

Last edited:
S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
Did any body get to bottom of if e start comes on snowcheck sks as standard like on the production model one dealer told me yes mine doenst know so he is calling his rep

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Based on the build your snow check page on your snow check select model you can leave it off or add it but the cost goes up $400. Seems like doing the snow check select certainly adds some cost over the standard models but probably worth it to be able to customize the sled with painted tunnels and rails and other features like Bar height, track, and so on. The prices sure did go up this year. I wonder how much of that is based on last years Golden Tickets?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Where do you get the LI battery?

You may be researching this - LI batteries are not anywhere close to being the same. Some very different chemistry going on, different electronics, charging routines, warranties, and different power outputs depending on what you need and where you ride and how much you want to spend. Good info on this site, good links from Murph and others, and then just googling. FWIW.

MountainFanatic

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2012
Wa
Is there any difference in ski stance between the pro and the sks? people keep saying that the pro has a narrower front end... how many inches is each?

R
Nov 1, 2012
Vermont
So I just received my SnowCheck SKS. What a great looking sled. I can't wait to ride it.

One weird thing. It came without electric start.:face-icon-small-fro

When I purchased I assumed that electric start was "standard" as that's what the webpage says(it still says that now).

My dealer says that he looked into it and that Snowcheck SKS doesn't come with ES, but that the normal order SKS comes standard with it.

Unless I'm missing something, there is only one spec sheet for the SKS and it shows ES as standard, and the dry weight(443) that would make you assume it has ES.

ES was NOT an option when I Snowchecked on the webpage.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
When I snowchecked mine, I called Polaris and the dealer and both of them confirmed that the snowchecked SKS did not come with e start unless it was added but the in season model did come with it. It was there as a $500 option that you could select.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
After pull starting it a few times I'm glad I opted out and saved the weight. The thing pulls much easier than my pro did. I took off another 15lbs by putting a GGB mountain Can on. I have to be close to the weight of a Axys Pro now.

Premium Features