• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

B&M FABRICATIONS SAFER FOOT WELL HOOPS

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
After some conversation behind the scenes, we wanted to start the thread asking about safer foot well hoops. If we make a bolt on option for you guys with Axys Chassis sleds, what would you be looking for exactly? The footwells on this new awesome sled are even tighter then the Pro Ride sleds we're. We did a little bench building this week and have a pretty decent idea of what we want to build. Met with the machinist this morning to get some of our R&D parts put into a more finished form and hopefully will be able to get a set built that we will take pictures of next week. Throw some of your ideas below and lets come up with a solution on these.

Bryan

T
Nov 23, 2013
After some conversation behind the scenes, we wanted to start the thread asking about safer foot well hoops. If we make a bolt on option for you guys with Axys Chassis sleds, what would you be looking for exactly? The footwells on this new awesome sled are even tighter then the Pro Ride sleds we're. We did a little bench building this week and have a pretty decent idea of what we want to build. Met with the machinist this morning to get some of our R&D parts put into a more finished form and hopefully will be able to get a set built that we will take pictures of next week. Throw some of your ideas below and lets come up with a solution on these.

Bryan
A bolt on application is what I would look for

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Never stood on the axys with my sled boots on. But if the axys loops were 1" taller and 1" in to the engine over what the pro rmk is that would be nice. I use the loops when side Hilling, turning.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Not sure how hard it would be or cost, but might be able to make the height adjustable, using different mounting locations?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
As far as hardware; Stainless steel or Titanium, if you pick your supplier carefully you can get TI hardware nearly as cheap as the stock Polaris Bolts.

Your design is one of those head slappers.

Fu** Me, Why did I not think of that!

Simple, Clean, and Easy to Fabricate.

You got yourself a ringer there. You will sell thousands of pairs between the PRO chassis and the AXYS chassis.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
With stock boards they are a good fit with boots on (motorfist & klim). But there are some thick azz boots out there that will barely stuff in, and this is were this product will work out great.
When you install the tube style aftermarket boards, it shortens the distance up almost 1 inch. I also like to clip my feet in for down hill turns and sidehilling, so I think B&M has a good idea with increasing this with their boards and/or the taller/thicker style boots !

Last edited:
F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Anything further on this? Seems like a fantastic idea! Getting dragged along with your sled when you are trying to bail is no fun. The axys stockers seem like boot trapping leg breakers...

As was said in the pro thread the triangulation at the bottom of the steering hoop has got to provide some rigidity to the structure, so good you are considering that in the design. Up and inch or two and back towards the motor a couple inches. Or something adjustable like you said, excited to see what you come up with!

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Sweet. I'm buying a pro but those footwell hoops scare the he11 out of me. Write me down for a set when you get them built

Premium Features