• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zbroz Rear Shock springs question?

Mar 10, 2013
Hey guys I just got these springs from Zbroz and they are a little shorter then stock so I was wondering how much spring pressure on the front and rear track shocks? or does somebody have a measurement of where they have theirs set at?

Also how what does each shock do in the skid? maybe if I completely understand what they do I can just do some tuning to get them dialed in!

Thanks

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
I just put a set on mine the other day , I noticed the same thing on the spring length, much shorter than stock but quit a bit stiffer. I set the front light , with just a little preload, then just set the rear for my weight and the sit in I wanted. I hope this helps :face-icon-small-hap

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
on the front I went with 1 turn past zero preload. on the rear spring I just preloaded it to get the amount of sit in on the sled. with me sitting on the seat I wanted it to sag about 3 inches or so.

R
I am also installing all new ZBROZ shocks on my 11' pro.

Did either of you have problem installing the center skid shock??

My rear skid shock went in easily, but now I am having trouble bolting up the shorter center shock.

Bottom connection is complete rail to rail, but that top bolt is being pesky.

Seeing that I cant single handedly compress a shock built for 300lb rider, I tried loosening track tension so more easily position the skid in place. That turned into a real bitch too.

Any suggestions for getting that center skid shock mounted up? I'm close and the snow is coming!

Mar 10, 2013
Is your skid out of the sled? If so just use a ratchet strap. I always pull my skid out as it is easy to do and a lot easier to work on it on the work bench.

Or if it's in the sled could you possibly put a ratchet strap under the track and around the tunnel and compress it that way?

R
You should undo the limiter strap. Then it is easy to get the front track shock back on.

If I undo the limiter strap, should I wait until the skid is bolted on and sled on its own weight so it will compress, allowing the strap to align back on its original holes? Otherwise I suspect that strap wont go back on easily.

Maybe I should just rip the skid out. Just need to free my rear wheels so I can loosen track tension enough to get it out!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I used a ratchet strap to suck up the front of the rails, makes it easier to get the limiter strap off, and makes it a cinch to put back on as well. Once you see where it is you need to "squish", changing the spring is simple. No need to take the shock all the way off, just the top mount bolt, then flip shock toward the rear and once the spring retainer is removed the spring will come right out.

Premium Features