• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Polaris Pro 163 Vibration. Ideas?

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
Just made my first 60 miles with some easy breakin on this sled. I've noticed a bad vibration above idle but below clutch engagement, maybe about 2500-2700rpm. It's only momentary through this RPM then smooths out. The vibration occurs on acceleration and deceleration through this rpm range. I've ridden several other pro rmk's if I remember correctly were silky smooth. I haven't taken anything apart or even started to look for any issues yet. I don't want to take it to a dealer while they keep it until spring. Does anyone have any input or ideas for me to check out? Or, maybe its not a problem? Input please.

Last edited:

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Just made my first 60 miles with some easy breakin on this sled. I've noticed a bad vibration above idle but below clutch engagement, maybe about 2500-2700rpm. It's only momentary through this RPM then smooths out. The vibration occurs on acceleration and deceleration through this rpm range. I've ridden several other pro rmk's if I remember correctly were silky smooth. I haven't taken anything apart or even started to look for any issues yet. I don't want to take it to a dealer while they keep it until spring. Does anyone have any input or ideas for me to check out? Or, maybe its not a problem? Input please.

It's common problem most have it, it's most likely the pistons I have found they are smooth when aftermarket pistons are installed. the stock ones make the engine vibrate in that rpm range

P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
The primary clutch can also make this vibration but as others said it could be pistons. If you re nikasil the cylinders to the specs of a good aftermarket piston you will notice smoother performance but i wouldn't do that until you have 1000 miles on the sled, maybe the off season

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I sent off my clutches to Indy Dan for a full balance/ as I have done all for the past 20+ years-
On the pro ( which is my first) since the dragon made this 2014 Pro 163 almost Yamaha smooth... it was well worth it.
I don't notice the small Vibrations any longer at idle to engagement 85 miles on the sled total- so far.

S/C

Premium Features