• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 pro fix kit necessary?

D
Dec 2, 2007
Telkwa bc
Just sold my 11pro with a mtntk fix kit and it ran well, now with the 13pro I just bought I am wondering if a fix kit is needed. Lots of talk about thicker skirts and different case, what is the real deal? As far as I know the loose pistons haven't changed, am I wrong? Can someone clarify. MH? Dead horse beating in progress, ya I know too much conflicting info out there.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I would at least wait till you hit 1,000 miles and do one for sure-
Keep the warranty as long as you can ( if it was transferred to you) cause if your doing it right off the bat- you have blown the warranty of the motor unless you have a
outstanding dealer .. IMHO

S/C

Last edited:
B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
I have 2743 miles on my stock 13 pro 163 Ive had since new. I ride it like I stole it, launch off everything I see, roll it & mostly ride whistler where we have long steep climbs everywhere so I have it pinned constantly. All I've done since my warrantee was up was turn up my oiler 2 turns & I DO NOT run Polaris oil ever..I run Legend ZX2SR only.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Thicker skirts, same design/height, same porting quality, etc. I'd be doing new pistons before it gets close to 2k, unless you always have an easy tow. Off warranty it's your choice. Under warranty, plan it out and put in new OEM's to carry you through end of warranty. Let's you look at the cylinders/skirts at the same time, plus you know sizing, no guessing if they're loose. Then you know. Better than going down on the backside of Rhubarb Mt., and you get some fresh performance to boot.

Premium Features