• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone had experience with the Fire Fox Communicators?

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
I'm looking for a communicator system for the wife and myself when we ride the trails. I'm not looking for something that has wide range since we'll always be in sight. From what I've read it sounds like the range on these are pretty limited anyways.

I'll be using Motorolla 2 way radios. I saw that the Fire Fox system will tie right into our radios with the throat mic.

Has anyone used these before? I have a fairly loud piped sled that I"m concerned the throat mic might pick up on? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Just ordered 2 of the Vanquish sets. Hopefully my Motorolla radios work fine with them. Did you by chance have experience with this model or did you use a different firefox set up? Any tips with set up?

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Well I tried these out finally and I was not impressed. Very hard to understand anything my wife said. I was told to talk slow and in quiet but still no luck. I might try using a better quality earbud.

Jan 26, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Just ordered 2 of the Vanquish sets. Hopefully my Motorolla radios work fine with them. Did you by chance have experience with this model or did you use a different firefox set up? Any tips with set up?

One thing nice about the Vanquish is that you can use your own ear buds if you like. ALso placement of the mic is important. Must be with in about 1 inch of your voice box. The sound of the loud pipes will not be picked up by the radio. I have stood next to Blackhawk helicopters running and these Vanquish mics worked great!! So read ALL the instructions that come in the box. and it should work great for you!

Premium Features